Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

issue with ipod bought via dealdone

• 25-09-2012 12:32am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7

I bought an ipod touch through done deal . I paid with a bank transfer and i didn't receive the item . When i got on to done deal i got told to get a solicitor or the garda . No satisfaction from done deal . When you buy something done deal wipes there hands of you .They don't pass on any messages even that this your only way of contacting the seller i'm saying what happened to me done didn't care about there buyer only there seller . I say done deal should afford the same care to the buyer and seller but this was not the way in my case . Done deal would have no sellers without buyers 5 weeks ago the seller got there money after 5 weeks i got nothing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

thebanks wrote: »
    I bought an ipod touch through done deal . I paid with a bank transfer and i didn't receive the item . When i got on to done deal i got told to get a solicitor or the garda . No satisfaction from done deal . When you buy something done deal wipes there hands of you .They don't pass on any messages even that this your only way of contacting the seller i'm saying what happened to me done didn't care about there buyer only there seller . I say done deal should afford the same care to the buyer and seller but this was not the way in my case . Done deal would have no sellers without buyers 5 weeks ago the seller got there money after 5 weeks i got nothing

To be fair, all donedeal do is put the buyer in contact with the seller, any deal that then takes place is between the buyer and seller and is completely independent of donedeal, its not their responsibility if you buy something that turns out to be dodgy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Oh God, this is terrible. I was a victim of a scam on donedeal before but after alot of stress got it sorted. Donedeal however cannot help you, they are an advert hosting site, that is all, not eBay etc.

In my situation the fool who sent it to me, had her return address on the back. When I contacted her telling her what she sent me was a fake, she got very aggitated and basically admitted that she sent me a fake saying 'how did I expect to get the real thing for that price etc' even though I asked her was the product genuine.

I rang her and her phone was switched off, so I left her a voicemail saying I was in the car on my way down to her house, she was 2 hours away and this was 10pm at night. 15mins later I got a text telling me that she hadn't the money as she had gone out at the weekend and that I would have to wait until she got paid on Friday, after telling her to basically f off, I realised I had no choice but to wait. Friday morning texted her, said she needed her wages for other stuff and that I had to realise she had bills, like WHAT?! Told her 'fine, no problem, I will be at your doorstep when you arrive home from work'. She told me to **** off again and that she would send me a postal order. Received the postal order monday morning...end off....but that site is notorious for liars and thieves because it is unregulated and they know they can get away it. The guards is your only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Has no one realised the thread is 2 years old

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 thebanks

this is not an old Thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Why is it in the Apple Devices forum? It should be in the online buying forum.

• Advertisement

alan1990 wrote: »
    To be fair, all donedeal do is put the buyer in contact with the seller, any deal that then takes place is between the buyer and seller and is completely independent of donedeal, its not their responsibility if you buy something that turns out to be dodgy!!
    What i paid for i did not get . I did not buy something dodgy . Before you answer you should read what i said . And donedeal should pass on my messages to the seller as they have an email for him i have no way of contacting him . Thats not asking a lot from donedeal so be fair as i stated please read all my Thread . As that is what i ask is to be treated fair

whiterebel wrote: »
    Why is it in the Apple Devices forum? It should be in the online buying forum.
    An ipod touch is an Apple Device is it not . whiterebel do your self a favour and cop yourself on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

An ipod touch is an Apple Device is it not . whiterebel do your self a favour and cop yourself on

Its about Donedeal, not the iPod itself. Its a consumer issue. Take your own advice.

Its about Donedeal, not the iPod itself. Its a consumer issue. Take your own advice.
    Sorry whiterebel but you give a lot of stupid advice you must be a squaw go to pennys and buy yourself a skirt

guil wrote: »
    guile Thinks we are in the year 2010 . What a plonker

• Advertisement

Sorry whiterebel but you give a lot of stupid advice you must be a squaw go to pennys and buy yourself a skirt

With your attitude, I'm delighted you got screwed on donedeal, couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Any more of that and you will be banned without further notice.

Is there something in the air these days?

With your attitude, I'm delighted you got screwed on donedeal, couldn't happen to a more deserving person.
    You just showed your true personality. I would not like to see anyone getting caught or as you put it screwed. That must make you very happy but it takes all types .

guil wrote: »
    guile Thinks we are in the year 2010 . What a plonker
    Says the moron that posted in a thread from July 2010. One of the mods moved the post and started a new thread. As for your problem, it couldn't of happened to a "nicer" person
    Have a nice day 😎

This is the thread you posted in originally
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056084394?page=1#post_68928819

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

With your attitude I'm not sure you deserve any advice...but anyway!
    If you buy a car that is advertised on donedeal, its up to you to have it fully inspected before hand, if the seller says its perfect but it develops a serious fault 2 weeks later....you have no come back!
    This is the same for you! It's up to you to satisfy yourself that you're happy before you buy! Donedeal are not responsible that what you bought turned out to be a fake! You rang the seller and did a deal completely independently of donedeal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement