Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add Steam game on website?

• 25-09-2012 9:59am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's possible to add a game to Steam via the website? I've a code for Borderlands 2, and have Steam logged in on my pc at home, and wanted to remotely install it while i'm in work. But i can't see the option to add a game.

If i log in on Steam in work, it will log me off at home (iirc). So was hoping i could add it on the website (or on the Android app).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's possible to add a game to Steam via the website? I've a code for Borderlands 2, and have Steam logged in on my pc at home, and wanted to remotely install it while i'm in work. But i can't see the option to add a game.

If i log in on Steam in work, it will log me off at home (iirc). So was hoping i could add it on the website (or on the Android app).

I'm fairly positive I read somewhere that you can use the phone App to do this. I'll have a look for ya know.

Not 100% sure about activating but as downloading should not be an issue you should also be able to activate.
    After a brief beta, Steam has made the ability to remotely manage your library of games as well as initiate a download via the web or mobile app a reality for all. Steam users who download the latest client for their PC or Mac will be able to log into the Steam web site or mobile app to access and manage their downloading pre-loads, new releases, or latest purchases.
    As long as you’re logged into the Steam client on a PC or Mac, starting a remote download is as simple as visiting your Games list on the Steam Community site via a web browser or the Steam mobile app on Android or iOS. Start a game download while out and about, and when you get home, it’ll be there waiting for you to get your game on.

http://www.cultofandroid.com/10782/steam-activates-remote-download-feature-in-latest-client-update/

or

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6324-IGHC-5301
    Remote Downloads are enabled from any web browser when you leave the Steam application running on your PC or Mac. Of course, we only recommend you do this on your own private, secured computer.

When you’re logged into Steam on your home PC or Mac, you can manage your library by visiting your Games list on the web.

1.Log into your Steam account online from your computer or mobile device at www.steampowered.com
    2.Visit your Games list by navigating to the Community and then clicking GAMES in the secondary navigation bar. If you’re logged into the Steam client, the games list will reflect the installation state of your library on that machine.
    3.Locate your game and tap the install button to initiate your remote download.
    You may choose to refresh this page to check the current status of your installation. When you return to your active client session, your game will be ready to play!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can see the current games i have installed, but i can't see anywhere to add a new code to my catalog. I'm guessing you can't add new games with just a code, which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ring the wife and spend a few hours talking her tru it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Not much help right now but you might want to do this again at some stage, I use logmein or teamviewer to do things like this.

Install logmein on any computers you want remote access to, then when away you can remotely control the computer from their website and do almost anything with the computer including install steam games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

steam down for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Headshot wrote: »
    steam down for anyone else?

Yep, steam community is down for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Me too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was down for me as well, but it's back now. Download was going real fast, but now it's down to 200k :(

Advertisement