Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting near Griffith College - Is it safe?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The area is perfectly safe. The guy that got shot was part of the Drimnagh/Crumlin fued and was well known to the Guards.

Aren't they all?
    Part of that feud, i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Plain of Aleion

The area is perfectly safe. The guy that got shot was part of the Drimnagh/Crumlin fued and was well known to the Guards.

Yes I understand your point that it is unrelated to the college itself. But how can you say the area is safe when this feud is going on nearby? is anywhere perfectly safe, unlikely. but an alarm bell is ringing when someone is shot outside the college...

has there been any gards on campus. maybe cctv picked up smth

Aren't they all?
    Part of that feud, i mean.

Nope. Plenty of gangs around Dublin, a lot of the shootings/murders over the last few years are part of that fued but you'll hear a lot of other gangs being brought up with different fueds.
    Yes I understand your point that it is unrelated to the college itself. But how can you say the area is safe when this feud is going on nearby? is anywhere perfectly safe, unlikely. but an alarm bell is ringing when someone is shot outside the college...

I grew up in the area. Trust me, it's fine. Sure Trinners isn't far from some rough areas, DCU the same. GCD is essentially in a good area of Dublin, shootings don't happen in Portobello every day. These guys don't hang around this area. The area is perfectly safe. Sure Drimnagh and Crumlin are safe, they're taking each other out. They have no interest in anyone who isn't involved in their 'fued', shooting could have just as easily happened outside Trinity.

True, im sure if you mapped crime around trinity it would be higher than GC. But im sure there are some worried parents this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I heard DBS where involved - their law school has been suffering even more than GCDs now that DIT are offering an LLB undergrad.

Joking aside - your much more likely to walk out into traffic than get shot. I've lived not far from there and this is my second year at GCD - I think this is only the second shooting in the area in the last two - three years.

I heard DBS where involved - their law school has been suffering even more than GCDs now that DIT are offering an LLB undergrad.

Joking aside - your much more likely to walk out into traffic than get shot. I've lived not far from there and this is my second year at GCD - I think this is only the second shooting in the area in the last two - three years.

And it was the same bloke who was being shot at last time IIRC...

They got him this time then - seems cruel to see that as a silver lining...

To address the OPs original point - No it is not safe to shoot near Griffith College.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the feud is dublin wide....nowhere is safe, stay at home and close the curtains

• Advertisement

To address the OPs original point - No it is not safe to shoot near Griffith College.

:D

Kevlar curtains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

No he wasn't . He killed another bloke in prison. He happened to be from crumlin so it fitted nicely with the herald linking everything to some feud...sells papers

Good to see the message board isnt dead (sorry wrong word to use) after all.

ciaran_h wrote: »
    No he wasn't . He killed another bloke in prison. He happened to be from crumlin so it fitted nicely with the herald linking everything to some feud...sells papers

Sorry. I apologise for not having up to scratch knowledge on Dublin's scumbags.

Advertisement