Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Statements from a closed account

Options
  • 25-09-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi, i closed one of my BOI Current accounts approx 3 months ago. Is it still possible to get statements copies (if i dont find them) from the past 8 months and what is the cost associated for that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi finnteme,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It is possible to request copy statements on a closed account, we hold statement records for seven years. These can be requested from the branch the account was opened with and the current charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any other pages. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

the current charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any other pages.

Do you use gold plated printers and calf skin to print them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thanks for the quick answer.
    Thats a little expensive though. Can i just call to my nearest branch via phone and order the statements, my address has been changed since the account closure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi finnteme,

You would be better calling the branch where your account was initailly opened to order the statements.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Hi finnteme,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It is possible to request copy statements on a closed account, we hold statement records for seven years. These can be requested from the branch the account was opened with and the current charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any other pages. Contact details for your branch can be found here.

Thanks,
    Tara

What if a request is made under the data protection act? Thats €6.35 total.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dublin daz,

Thanks for your post.

Yes that is correct, Data Protection Queries (Data access requests) are charged at €6.35 each.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Hey, I'm just tagging on to this thread rather than start a new one, as it's about pretty much the exact same thing. I need statements from 2010/2011 from my recently-closed BofI a/c. Thing is, I need them *very* urgently. I contacted "my branch" (in reality a Service Centre, as all the different branch phone numbers direct to one call centre, which seems a bit stupid, but how and ever) and was told the branch wouldn't be able to print them out direct even if I went in in person, because they're duplicates, but that she'd put the order through to the branch for me, and it would take about 5 working days.

I can't wait that long; I need them today, or at latest tomorrow. Also, I need to pay someone somehow, as I don't have an a/c anymore, and no-one has contacted me to arrange this, so it's likely to be even longer. Is the Service Centre assistant correct in saying my branch couldn't provide them.directly if I want in, and if she is, where can I go to get them directly? Could head office in Baggot St do it? College Green? I am quite willing to stand in front of someone all day to get them; hell, I'lldrive to nodding Co. Clare, but I need these today!

Please tell me there's something I can do :-S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi microgirl,

The agent is correct, when the request is sent to the branch, they will contact you to advise of the fee for the copy statement and to organise payment. The statement can take 5 working days and if you have moved address from when you closed the account, the statements will have to be sent to your nearest branch for collection. They cannot be collected directly from head office.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

So there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that I can do to get them today? When I say urgent, I mean urgent. If I don't get them today, at latest tomorrow, I lose the house I've been trying to buy, as the builder won't wait any longer for me to get approval, and the mortgage provider would like evidence of savings from, like, two years ago. The mortgage provider isn't in any rush, but the builder and their agent have given us until this Friday.

At this stage I am willing to sit outside the CEO's (or whatever it is banks have) office until I get them. I have not changed address, but I CANNOT wait for the statements to be posted :'-(

If they get sent to my local branch they must get sent from somewhere? Where is that? Please, for the love of God is there anything I can do to get them faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi microgirl,

I have double-checked this for you and duplicate statements on a closed account can only be sent to a branch for collection. Unfortunately there is no other option available. I’m sorry we could not offer alternatives in this situation.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement