Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's the unlikeliest place you've ever found your phone in the morning?

• 25-09-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Just found mine "stashed" in one of my slippers. Wouldn't mind but I live alone. It's not as if anyone was about to steal it. Christ knows what was going on in my head.

Choco

(awaits Sharpshooter)

Comments

It's not that it was a particularly unlikely place but....
    The night of Katie Taylor's fight I went for "one" drink at 4.30. I missed the last bus home and don't remember the taxi ride at all. I normally don't get that drunk. Next morning, my alarm went off at 6am looked down the side of the bed and my phone was sitting charging on my ipod speakers. Seems reasonable - except that my ipod speakers are pretty huge and have a permanent home in the kitchen. I was also fully dressed. Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

In my underpants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

On the table where I left it the night before:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The fridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I was lieing on top of it in the morning, must have been tossing and turning too cos it was a phone with an keypad and i had managed to call 5 different people during the night, waking them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Found my phone on my parents dinner table one morning after a night out.

Asked my dad where it was and he said it was lodged in the hedge outside the house. No idea what I was thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

On a tray of oven chips in the oven that thankfully hadn't been turned on because I was too drunk to remember I had to turn it on...happy days though, phone was safe and sound and the chips were a nice morning after meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

In my friends garden last week. My Galaxy S2 now looks something like this. I think I'm going to cry. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Not my phone but I once awoke and went into the main room for a glass of water and my flatmate asked if I'd seen the TV remote. I said 'No, I was out last night' and returned to my room where I found it in my bucket of change. I then promptly returned it to him so he could change channels :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

In the turf shed. Not so strange you might think but it was the house phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Used to leave mine on the wall outside my house when I'd had a few
    Nothin like takin a whizz outside in the night air in ur own garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Thanks Insurgent. You brought back some old memories. I would like to widen the thread to people who have lost/found their glasses.

I remember one morning, going up and down the road, with a friend of mine, who had stayed the night in my house. He had lost his glasses, and his only recollection from the night before was falling into a hedge.

We actually found them. \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Spent ages looking for my phone one morning, gave up but my girlfriend eventually found it hidden inside one of my shoes and turned off. Drunk me must not like sober me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

In my post box :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Glasses - Under a rock in a stream

Phone - Fridge

Keys - THe usual place - In the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I always put my valuables in my shoes/socks if I'm in SE Asia.

They hate feet, last place they'd look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not in the morning, but came home from work one evening was eating my dinner, about half an hour after getting in, when the phone rang - it was in the bin!
    As far as i was concerned it was still in my pocket:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

the gutter on the side of the house.

was drunk and having a smoke out a velux window when i dropped it trying to txt. the txt was still on the phone and it was more jibberish than words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

The shower. Now in saying that it's understandable seeing as i had slept in the shower. Unfortunately i don't have the excuse of being either ratarsed or sleep walking. I had fallen asleep on the couch, woke up and decided i wanted a shower before actually going to bed cause my couch had me feeling a bit stiff and sore(a bed of nails and a coating of hot lava as a blanket would have been comfier). Obviously i didn't wake up enough to do either of those as i woke up the next morning fully dressed and curled up in the shower tray with my smelly stuffs still in my hands.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The dishwasher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Mombasa, Kenya.

Dropped my aunt and uncle at Heathrow to the plane, they were going there on holidays, drove home and went straight to the pub and afterwards on a massive bender. Couldn't find the phone until my aunt rang my GF the next day telling her that she had my phone in Kenya. She had borrowed it on the way to the airport to ring a friend and stuck it in her pocket accidentally. Got it back 3 weeks later well rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Going round and round and round and round and round and round and round in the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Found my phone with the back cover, battery, and phone itself in different sides of the room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

In the fridge. I'd given up looking for it and decided to have a mug of tea, found it with the milk. Drunk me was planning ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I woke up after a very rough night in the Boiler house to the sound of my phone alarm vibrating from inside my anal canal. It was a nokia so it was so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Go to 31 seconds in this video. For some reason this thread reminds me of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Up my bum :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

not my phone but i have often put the coffe jar in the fridge and the milk in the press on a morning after a hard night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

On the table...after I was sure, I threw it out of the window the night before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not a phone, but in a student house i lived in one of the girls lost a small teddy that always sat on her locker. The next morning we all tore the house apart looking for it. A couple of days later we found the teddy duct-taped to the street lamp that was above the front door. It was obviously me or one of the lads in the house, but no-one remembered doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Once found my phone in an envelope, that had just been delivered to the house.

Drunk me thought posting the phone to sober me would be hilarious. Stupid drunk me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Inside the duvet cover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Found it outside a friend of mines house between two fences after apparently throwing it at a pack of cows! Actually come to think of it the apparently part can be taken away :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

aujopimur wrote: »
    Going round and round and round and round and round and round and round in the washing machine.
    I've seen a camera go round and round

still worked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gronemeyer

Inside the couch no idea how it got in there... But I had to put a stanley blade to the underneath lining so it would fall out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

In the fridge. I'd given up looking for it and decided to have a mug of tea, found it with the milk. Drunk me was planning ahead.

If I could thank this post twice, I would.

Choco

Advertisement