Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's day

Options
  • 25-09-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

whats happening around town on thursday? do you need tickets to get into certain pubs or anything? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html
    You have to click each pub for info.

I think Kellys had something on last year and you needed tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

biko wrote: »
    www.guinness.com/en-ie/arthursday/locator.html
    You have to click each pub for info.

I think Kellys had something on last year and you needed tickets.

That just shows you the pubs taking part, there is no actual gig guide there for Galway, but I think I might be making my way to Roisin Dubhs as Kormac is headlining there on the 27th and that seems good enough for me, plus its free. The Wailers is playing somewhere, but after seeing Lee Scratch Perry at Electric Picnic its quite hard to top that, especially when theres not a Bob to head the Wailers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

O'Connells have Alabamba 3 I'm told...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

That just shows you the pubs taking part, there is no actual gig guide there for Galway, but I think I might be making my way to Roisin Dubhs as Kormac is headlining there on the 27th and that seems good enough for me, plus its free. The Wailers is playing somewhere, but after seeing Lee Scratch Perry at Electric Picnic its quite hard to top that, especially when theres not a Bob to head the Wailers.
    Some of the pubs will show the lineup under the map when you click on them, most of them are blank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Treadhead wrote: »
    O'Connells have Alabamba 3 I'm told...

This is true, looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Is there any place doing cheap Guinness? Think the first year was about a cheap pint at the allotted time, now it seams to be about the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭wotausername

topcat77 wrote: »
    Is there any place doing cheap Guinness? Think the first year was about a cheap pint at the allotted time, now it seams to be about the music.

hostys bar and mcswiggans do guinness for 3 euro :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sally Longs have the pint for three euro, Fibbers and Kennedys are three thirty a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Scholars Rest (River Inn) are doing Guinness for €3 for a couple of hours this evening and their own Stormy Port for €3 all day.

Sally Longs have the pint for three euro, Fibbers and Kennedys are three thirty a pint

What time is this at? Is this between 5.30 and 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nope all day long

DJ Kormac nailed it at the Roisin Dubh, a great night but had to leave during his encore as it was boiling hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

Screen-Shot-2012-09-28-at-10.43.32.png
    This was just put up on broadsheet.ie.
    Outside kings head at 17:59

Haha no way I was in the library and thought I'd check the same webcam, uploaded a v similar photo to Facebook. Thought they're robbed it but theirs is slightly earlier and a better shot; :P

artur_2.jpg

17 mins later and the Gardai were putting a stop to that craic...

arthurs2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was in the Roisin too, fecking great night, it did get a bit sweaty towards the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spunkbass

there were professional photographers in kellys. Do you know who they were? I think Guinness Reps. Because one guy bought me and my friends pints of guinness for letting them take pictures of us for 15 minutes. Just wondering where i could see the photos/videos

....ehhh? Sounds a bit dodgy! :p

Advertisement