Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microchip and registration query

• 25-09-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

ok hi everyone i have a bit of a problem.......
    i bought a chihuahua puppy about a month ago and the breeder had not originally registered the litter but when i was buying the pup i requested that he be registered,i trusted the breeder and paid him the extra money and he said he would register the pup and send on the papers.........one month on and im still waiting-also the pup to the best of my knowledge is not microchipped.......is it still possible that he can be registered????or should i start taking action against the breeder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The only person who can register the pup is the breeder, no one else. I suggest you go back to the breeders house and either demand your extra money back or make him register the pup.
    The pup must be microchipped in order to register the pup with the IKC.

Where did you source this breeder? Im taking it that you visited the breeder at the house where all the pups and the mother were?

There are serious red flags here though. Why didnt the breeder register them in the first place? Doesnt sound like a responsible breeder to me, but its a case of buyer beware im afraid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: Op, I have moved your query to its own thread instead of resurrecting an old one.

Mod hat off. OP, you may have been had here. A pup cannot be registered with the IKC unless they're microchipped.
    So, I'd demand my money back. I'd also report him to the website you bought the pup from, so that they can take any action they deem necessary when allowing fraudsters advertise on their site.
    Do you have contact details or an address for the breeder, in case you need to go to the small claims court?

Advertisement