Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The El Classico experience

• 25-09-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭

I've got aspirations to make on of these over the next 2 years if possible, current cheapest tickets for the Bernabeu clash are minimum 500 dollars on Viagogo, is it possible to get official tickets any other way than the ridiculously long official waiting list?

Has any boardsies ever been to an El Classico? how was the experience? was it worth the cost and hype?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yes, been to a couple, and I really enjoyed them.

1st was at the Bernabeu in 96, and Madrid won 2-0 with goals from Suker and Mijatovic. Really enjoyable with a great atmosphere cos Luis Enrique was playing for Barca and got terrible abuse.

Next was Figo's return to Camp Nou, and I have never heard a football atmpsphere like it, and I've been to plenty of big games. Barca won of course but the occasion overshadowed the match and the game kinda passed me by. And would you believe I got the ticket for that for €80! Outside from a tout and he had dozens for sale an hour before. Would be no chance of getting a ticket that cheap these days.

So yeah I would say try to make one of them if you can. The rivalry is at full tilt at the minute and the next couple of seasons would be a good time to take in a Clasico if you can get a ticket.

Having said that, don't know if I'd pay that sort of money for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yes, been to a couple, and I really enjoyed them.

1st was at the Bernabeu in 96, and Madrid won 2-0 with goals from Suker and Mijatovic. Really enjoyable with a great atmosphere cos Luis Enrique was playing for Barca and got terrible abuse.

Next was Figo's return to Camp Nou, and I have never heard a football atmpsphere like it, and I've been to plenty of big games. Barca won of course but the occasion overshadowed the match and the game kinda passed me by. And would you believe I got the ticket for that for €80! Outside from a tout and he had dozens for sale an hour before. Would be no chance of getting a ticket that cheap these days.

So yeah I would say try to make one of them if you can. The rivalry is at full tilt at the minute and the next couple of seasons would be a good time to take in a Clasico if you can get a ticket.

Having said that, don't know if I'd pay that sort of money for one!

thanks for the response, sounds amazing,

You dont have any other ideas of routes I could go down to get tickets a bit cheaper? even the touts are very expensive the last couple of seasons, due to as you said the heightened current rivalry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If you cant get them officially off the club, whcih is very unlikely then Viagogo is your only route I'd reckon.

Although they're glorified touts IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You won't need to spend an extortionate $500 on Viagogoto get a ticket. There are touts outside the ground who will do tickets in the nosebleed sections for €100-€200. That was my experience from attending an El Classico in Barcelona 4 years ago.

For those 2 games I was at, I booked the Bernabeu game through a Manchester travel agent, and ticket was included. But recently I have used this firm, who delivered to the hotel
    http://madrid-tickets.net/
    That was for a couple of Madrid CL games.

For the Barca game, as I say a tout, but for other games at Nou Camp I used www.eatb.es who are official agents. They probably wont have El Clasico games free but always worth an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I noticed on the Guardian website, in the La Liga section, they host a range of tickets from other sites. Here's the link to the El Clásico one, for the game in the Bernabéu, cheapest tickets are #£350 though..

http://www.guardiantickets.co.uk/real-madrid-tickets/estadio-santiago-bernabeu-madrid/03-Mar-2013/E-1009608/

I've been getting quite a few emails for el clasico tickets and 350 is by far the cheapest I've seen. Most are €400 - €450 for a cheap ticket, and you will be in the Gods for that and the players will be like ants!

I still think if you went along to the ground or a few pubs a few hours before the game, you would get one cheaper than 350.

Advertisement