Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seagate Hard drive RMA process?

• 25-09-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

My seagate 500GB HDD just died and i checked the warranty online and its still under warranty

I have already bought a new HDD but am considering doing an RMA on my faulty seagate drive

It appears that i have to pay for the shipping to seagate but it doesn't say which country i would have to ship the drive to

It also appears that i may just get a refurbished drive back from them so im wondering if the expense is worth it?

Has anybody been through this process with seagate?

How much did the shipping cost you?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

Comments

Costs about a tenner to post to the UK. You get a 'recertified' drive back.

The drives I got back all started developing bad sectors very quickly and most of them died quicker than the originals.

If its under warranty and the drive is worth more than the postage cost then you may as well do it.

Advertisement