Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost caught on camera in Galway City, fake?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I didn't take this picture,a friend of mine did.He only noticed the "Ghost" after he looked at it on the PC.

It was taken outside the post office in Galway City.He was taking a picture of the car,i wasn't with him when he took it.

Thoughts?I think he photoshopped it....Although i doubt he would even know how.
    579758_3887004335424_155769567_n.jpg

Hmmm:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I think your friend is showing off his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Fake I'd say, but I'd love if it was real!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Looking at the No Parking signs ... pity he didn't get the plates as well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Cool photo, but it looks like a superimposed image to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Clearly a fake, there is no such thing as a Ferrari in Galway.:D As for the ghostly soldier. He appears to be an officer armed with a pistol in a holster. I would say an old image of an FCA officer from the look of it as he appears to be wearing either a beret or 'Glengarry'. Either that or a British soldier circa 1950s. Neither of which would be likely to be found walking the streets of Galway either in reality or spirit.

Looks like some kind of double exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Highly fake, doesn't take much in the way of photoshop skillz - you can get apps which will do it in a second or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sure, that's just Murty O Domhnaill from out Crossmolina way. He's so pale that he's also known as the translucent man.

The poor old divil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Its not a Ferrari anyway. Isn't that an MR2 with a Ferrari kit?

JustMary wrote: »

Could have been on a sunday or in the evening when the "no parking" doesn't apply
    Its not a Ferrari anyway. Isn't that an MR2 with a Ferrari kit?

That's a real Ferrari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I'd day it's fake, looks like somebody took a greyscale image and overlaid it on on a colour picture.
    JustMary wrote: »

Gonna be pedantic but the sign only says no parking Monday to Saturday (and presumably business hours too but it's too blurry to make out) - so it may not be illegally parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i thought that was a woman, not a man. Anyway they don't seem to have a head so you can't really tell. not that "scary" or "intriguing"

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

Double exposure so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Look at all the chewing gum on the road. Tut tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

One of the things I like about ghosts is the way they reveal to us that our clobber is transcendant too. Materials in a spirit world, you could say.

Either that or it's just that dead people still care about things like fashion, warmth, modesty, loose buttons and broken zips.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

HAs the photo been removed since yesterday? It's not showing up on my computer. Can't see a link either, but looks like other people saw the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

wow, the floating clearway sign and the magically moved pole for the no parking sign are pretty creepy.

probably 100% real.

Stevolende wrote: »
    HAs the photo been removed since yesterday? It's not showing up on my computer. Can't see a link either, but looks like other people saw the thing.
    It's still there
    folan wrote: »
    wow, the floating clearway sign and the magically moved pole for the no parking sign are pretty creepy.

probably 100% real.

No floating sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

folan wrote: »

probably 100% real.

"Others have looked but you have seen"

Well done....love the floating sign add the Ferrari and ghost and you've got a winner!

gozunda wrote: »

Well done....love the floating sign add the Ferrari and ghost and you've got a winner!

It's not floating look again, the supports are above the signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

bluecode wrote: »
    Clearly a fake, there is no such thing as a Ferrari in Galway.:D As for the ghostly soldier. He appears to be an officer armed with a pistol in a holster. I would say an old image of an FCA officer from the look of it as he appears to be wearing either a beret or 'Glengarry'. Either that or a British soldier circa 1950s. Neither of which would be likely to be found walking the streets of Galway either in reality or spirit.

Looks like some kind of double exposure.

Come on now! a soldier wouldn't be seen dead carrying a bag like that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

snubbleste wrote: »
    Look at all the chewing gum on the road. Tut tut tut

its not chewing gum... its ECTOPLASM !!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    its not chewing gum... its ECTOPLASM !!!!!!:D

What a pity the 'photo isn't as sharp as you. Nice one.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

antoobrien wrote: »

It's not floating look again, the supports are above the signs.

Look again there are 3 signs in a row - 2 on posts one "hanging" I don't think so its a little thing called photoshop :-)

Look again there are 3 signs in a row - 2 on posts one "hanging" I don't think so its a little thing called photoshop :-)
    Eh no.
    There is one pole with 'arms', a sign on either arm plus one in the centre.

If you'll look again the third is hanging off the same bar that's supporting the other two.

Btw of course it's photoshop, I've taken about 1 minute to add a friend in the bottom left corner (don't have photshop but it's simple to add an opaque watermark to the original).

222078.jpg

I can see your friend :eek:
    Tell him that if he stands there again he'll get knocked down by a beemer.

Can we focus on the "ghost" can someone provide concrete evidence that this is 100% fake.Just need to show my friends hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

ok since the ferrari ghost is proven fake what about this i spotted on google earth.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=galway&aq=f&ie=UTF-8&hl=en

siamese twins

looks very real to me,

• Advertisement

Yedya wrote: »
    Can we focus on the "ghost" can someone provide concrete evidence that this is 100% fake.Just need to show my friends hahah

Run it through the filters in an image editor - the ghost is in greyscale (when you convert to greyscale the ghost doesn't change colour).

Also if you zoom in around the ghost there are straight blocky pixel groups that just look out of place when compared to other parts of the image. It's good enough for me to declare reasonable doubt.

Advertisement