Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost caught on camera in Galway City, fake?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

bluecode wrote: »
    Clearly a fake, there is no such thing as a Ferrari in Galway.:D

Musta been a fake I was driving a few weeks ago so :pac:

f4.jpg

f1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I cant see a ghost. Just a nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

So bluecode was right!.

If it's not red then it's not a ferrari :D.

So therefore the ghost could be real as well.

antoobrien wrote: »
    Run it through the filters in an image editor - the ghost is in greyscale (when you convert to greyscale the ghost doesn't change colour).

Also if you zoom in around the ghost there are straight blocky pixel groups that just look out of place when compared to other parts of the image. It's good enough for me to declare reasonable doubt.

To go to all that trouble you obviously believe in the possibility of ghosts:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Iwannahurl wrote: »

John, you do know what women think when we see a large car, don't you?

Just in case, I'll give you a hint: large car --> small... umm .. hands.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You can actually see the more of the "ghost" photo, look in the bottom left. It doesn't even look like they're the same photo. But you can see the edges on the other picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

You do realise it was taken through a window right?? :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Could have been on a sunday or in the evening when the "no parking" doesn't apply

That's a real Ferrari.

What model?

Looks like the back end of an MR2.

Seaneh wrote: »
    What model?

Looks like the back end of an MR2.

360, too big to be an mr2.

• Advertisement

360, too big to be an mr2.

Looks nothing like a 360, the front end is totally wrong, as are the side vents.

The Fuel cap and indicators are dead giveaways too.

It's an MR2 with the samek kit as below.

It's a 355 replica kit.

3437158379_c47683d26d_z.jpg?zz=1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlQ6GA6WGTACYrvkvFa0PJeiVuUWiv9dHfg472jm1ao8rDtgj6cA

2776841577_36b83261f2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

stick-dan wrote: »
    You do realise it was taken through a window right?? :S
    If it was taken through a window we'd see a ghost image of the photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Before Booko closes the thread, if anyone's on Twitter check out @Boredghost He is classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

JustMary wrote: »
    John, you do know what women think when we see a large car, don't you?

Just in case, I'll give you a hint: large car --> small... umm .. hands.

:D

You think I actually own that thing? FFS what do you think I do for a living, Columbian importation or something?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Nice car! I'd never buy one with money I earned but if I had an accident and got a big win in a lawsuit on top of my wages. Hell yeah! But hopefully that never happens.

Ghost is fake I saw, way too clear!

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Nice car! I'd never buy one with money I earned but if I had an accident and got a big win in a lawsuit on top of my wages. Hell yeah! But hopefully that never happens.

Ghost is fake I saw, way too clear!

there ya go.

Same car for €1700

could probably haggle them down to €1300.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/MR2/2.0-NON-/613257525745600/advert?channel=CARS

could probably get one with a kit for €4500, but it would be a massive waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

JohnCleary wrote: »
    You think I actually own that thing? FFS what do you think I do for a living, Columbian importation or something?? :pac:

It doesn't matter if you own it or not, You're the one who bragged about driving one, then went to the effort of uploading pics of the car you don't own but yet, bragged about driving, so ya "What she said" mmmmmm hhhhmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

there ya go.

Same car for €1700

could probably haggle them down to €1300.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/MR2/2.0-NON-/613257525745600/advert?channel=CARS

could probably get one with a kit for €4500, but it would be a massive waste of money.

That's what most Ferraris in Galway are made of I'd bet. You'd have to think though the kind of girl that would screw you because of your car wouldn't be smart enough to suss out if it's a Ferrari or not. Jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evilalsy

Ghosts don't exist. There. Solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

They do exist even if that isn't one in the photo.;)

• Advertisement

No they don't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Pics or GTFO ...

I'm glad people are talking about ghosts again, thought I was on the wrong thread for a minute:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

No they don't ;)
    They do!:P

I was going to leave it that for fun. But my opinion is that ghosts exist, not least because I experienced one. I didn't know it was a ghost until various people independantly told me they had the same experience. Plus I know several people who saw ghosts and were quite matter of fact about it. Before that I was completely skeptical.

The classic ghost repeats the same action again and again. Comes in one door, walks out the other or walks down a corridor, through a wall that wasn't there at the time it was alive. Appears at a window etc.

I do not believe ghosts are the spirits of dead people walking the Earth or trapped between this life and the next or refusing to move 'into the light' until some wrong is righted. That's all BS.

My guess and that of others is that 'ghosts' are in fact some kind of replay of a past event that somehow is recorded in a way we do not understand yet. After all we take for granted videos and photos. We can all watch Elvis or any other long dead person anytime we want. If you look at most of the best known and regularly seen ghosts. You will find they always repeat the same actions.

Perhaps a ghost is no more than a naturally occurring holographic video? We are still a long way from understanding how everything works in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

There you have it. Ghosts are real.

They do!:P

I was going to leave it that for fun. But my opinion is that ghosts exist, not least because I experienced one. I didn't know it was a ghost until various people independantly told me they had the same experience. Plus I know several people who saw ghosts and were quite matter of fact about it. Before that I was completely skeptical.

The classic ghost repeats the same action again and again. Comes in one door, walks out the other or walks down a corridor, through a wall that wasn't there at the time it was alive. Appears at a window etc.

I do not believe ghosts are the spirits of dead people walking the Earth or trapped between this life and the next or refusing to move 'into the light' until some wrong is righted. That's all BS.

My guess and that of others is that 'ghosts' are in fact some kind of replay of a past event that somehow is recorded in a way we do not understand yet. After all we take for granted videos and photos. We can all watch Elvis or any other long dead person anytime we want. If you look at most of the best known and regularly seen ghosts. You will find they always repeat the same actions.

Perhaps a ghost is no more than a naturally occurring holographic video? We are still a long way from understanding how everything works in this world.

Yeah....

No, they don't.

Millions of people believe that Jesus died and then re-appeared. If so it had to be an apparition. And surely an apparition is a ghost?.

Therefore millions of people believe in ghosts.

(Just thought I'd throw this into the mix.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Millions of people believe that Jesus died and then re-appeared. If so it had to be an apparition. And surely an apparition is a ghost?.

Yup. You don't usually get the same amount of instant 'proof or retract' type of responses if someone mentions mass, novenas etc (it's usually about traffic in those cases!) so I'd agree with your analogy there!

*besides, if there's a 'holy ghost' surely it's possible for there to be a 'lay' ghost then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i saw the easter bunny yesterday :D he was shopping for his halloween costume - he's going as Santa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

People believe that he was resurrected. Educate yourself. Pathetic analogy. Comparing Christianity to your believing in Ghosts is just nonsense to the point of being offensive.

Advertisement