Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live TV on my iPad

• 25-09-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All,

Well I finally took the plunge and picked myself up a shiny new iPad at the weekend. Was showing it around the office yesterday when one of the guys in work suggested I try it out with the new web TV service iBox ( www.ibox.ie ) .

Went on the web site and tried out a free sample channel. Worked perfectly. So anyway I signed up for a €10 a month package (they only charged me €3 when I signed up - looks like this covers from now up to the end of the month). The picture quality is unreal in full-screen - very impressive. I was expecting a lot of pixelation etc but haven't experienced any. There are about 50 channels, including the Irish ones. So far I'm very impressed.

Very handy to have TV wherever I want it, in bed, in the kitchen, during lunch in work, in the Jaxx !

Anybody else using this? Between this & Netflix, I’m starting to really like this iPad yoke.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

+1

Out of curiosity, what are getting that filmon doesn't supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

Just installed the FilmOn app and had a quick look. Can’t seem to find the Irish channels or UTV in there. Also iBox seems to have a lot more UK channels. Of the few UK channels listed on FilmOn, several of the ones I tried didn’t work. Just showed “loading” for ages. I used iBox for several hours last night & today. Didn’t have any problems like that. Picture quality on iBox definitely better than FilmOn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Anybody install the FilmOn update that came out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

pureirish wrote: »
    Just installed the FilmOn app and had a quick look. Can’t seem to find the Irish channels or UTV in there. Also iBox seems to have a lot more UK channels. Of the few UK channels listed on FilmOn, several of the ones I tried didn’t work. Just showed “loading” for ages. I used iBox for several hours last night & today. Didn’t have any problems like that. Picture quality on iBox definitely better than FilmOn.

Aertv.ie works for the Irish channels

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just fyi, OP, ITV is available on FilmOn, and the Irish channels are generally watchable from their individual apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Filmon is by far the best free one out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

pureirish wrote: »
    Hi All,

Well I finally took the plunge and picked myself up a shiny new iPad at the weekend. Was showing it around the office yesterday when one of the guys in work suggested I try it out with the new web TV service iBox ( www.ibox.ie ) .

Went on the web site and tried out a free sample channel. Worked perfectly. So anyway I signed up for a €10 a month package (they only charged me €3 when I signed up - looks like this covers from now up to the end of the month). The picture quality is unreal in full-screen - very impressive. I was expecting a lot of pixelation etc but haven't experienced any. There are about 50 channels, including the Irish ones. So far I'm very impressed.

Very handy to have TV wherever I want it, in bed, in the kitchen, during lunch in work, in the Jaxx !

Anybody else using this? Between this & Netflix, I’m starting to really like this iPad yoke.

Cheers,

aertv.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Does this work on the ps3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Jb and get xbmc. All the tv, movies, series and sports on demand you have ever wished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

xbmc & navi-x

free your ipad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

I got IMDb App that strong recommend in ifunia blog on my iPad, a huge database of movies, television shows and actors, also fast, well laid-out, and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 razorhaarp

All of the Irish channels are available on iBox, whereas they are not available on filmon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

razorhaarp wrote: »
    All of the Irish channels are available on iBox, whereas they are not available on filmon.

And iBox is, O First-Time Poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Bellu wrote: »
    I got IMDb App that strong recommend in ifunia blog on my iPad, a huge database of movies, television shows and actors, also fast, well laid-out, and free.

I think your missing the point.

Advertisement