Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memphis or Nashville

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks for the replies guys. Lou great advise. Thank you. On the way back eastwards to Atlanta I want to stop somewhere for lunch where I can have a nice view of the Mississipi Delta. Any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

gosh I cant think of particular place at hand..am sorry. nothing stands out for me. If you do stay in memphis we stayed in the Marriott downtown,very central, clean and safe.
    We ate on Beale st every night- fab southern food
    meant to sat we drove some of the Nathchez Trace on the way from Tupelo back to Memphis....yes very nice, open green park land. as we are from rural Ireland it did not hold much awe for us!!! Plenty of green fields here! we saw some Indian burial mounds- very nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Well went to both places. Memphis is very interesting and vibrant but you have to keep your wits about you and be very streetwise. I personally told a few people politely not interested but did not get hassled but I heard directly of a few people who did. The Civil Rights Museum and Rock & Roll Museum are excellent but Gracelands looks tacky and overpriced. A tourist trap if u ask me unless u are a real Elvis fan. I did not expect anything from Nashville and was still left disappointed. Apart from Broadway which is no way as vibrant as Beale Street there was little going on. I walked around for a hour and could not see another bar or restaurant! Unless you were a country music fan or like me on the way to Memphis I would not stay.

Advertisement