Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Franchises - Golf Clubs

Options
  • 25-09-2012 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas on how I would find a food franchise in a golf club?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I sounds rather obvious but contact the secretary/manager of each golf club in the locality that you are interested in working!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

I sounds rather obvious but contact the secretary/manager of each golf club in the locality that you are interested in working!!

I was thinking of that myself but wasn't sure if that's acceptable

Cheers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

toexpress wrote: »
    Anyone got any ideas on how I would find a food franchise in a golf club?

Golf Clubs usually advertise available franchises in the local papers. The time to look is Autumn/ Winter. The reason for this is because this is the quiet season for golf clubs and they are more likely to be looking for caters at this period. Barring some disaster, no club is going to get rid of their caters in the middle of summer!

With golf club franchises what is the norm is for them to give you a year by year contract. By January if they are happy with your performance you get another year - if not they can turf you out!

It can be tricky though. You only really have 7-8 busy months if your lucky. In the winter you'll be doing sweet F all.. especially if the club isn't open to the public..Golf clubs have been hit hard in recent years with a lot of caters seeing a steady reduction in turnover over the last 4-5 years

If you don't mind me asking have you ever worked in golf clubs before?

Advertisement