Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes randomly deleting songs

• 25-09-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Does anyone know what could cause this? I only noticed it a few days ago. I had the Temper Trap album on my iTunes library, and then one day, all the songs were just gone. They have that symbol beside them that says 'file cannot be located'. So anyways I just deleted the album and just put the album back on from the cd again. Then this morning I go into iTunes (my laptop was in sleep mode, not shut down), and because I had searched 'Temper' into the search bar, the 4 other songs I have with that search term in the name now have the message up with 'file cannot be located', but the Temper Trap album is available. Other songs on albums that songs were deleted from are ok tho. I have a very very big iTunes library so I can't really go through each individual song to see if it's there or not, so does anyone know why random songs are just disappearing? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Does anyone know what could cause this? I only noticed it a few days ago. I had the Temper Trap album on my iTunes library, and then one day, all the songs were just gone. They have that symbol beside them that says 'file cannot be located'. So anyways I just deleted the album and just put the album back on from the cd again. Then this morning I go into iTunes (my laptop was in sleep mode, not shut down), and because I had searched 'Temper' into the search bar, the 4 other songs I have with that search term in the name now have the message up with 'file cannot be located', but the Temper Trap album is available. Other songs on albums that songs were deleted from are ok tho. I have a very very big iTunes library so I can't really go through each individual song to see if it's there or not, so does anyone know why random songs are just disappearing? :confused:

Is your music stored on an external hard drive? Sounds like iTunes can't find where the file is stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

No, it's all stored on my laptop, backed up an external hard-drive alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Old thread I know , but is it a windows vaio u have ? I remember issue was due to something in sonys entertainment centre and needed an update .It's your Sony Vaio. Sony has put some media software on your laptop at the factory,and once you run that software it attacks the itunes library database .
    You need to get the fix from Sony:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2715

This has been a problem for years for Vaio owners worldwide. Have a lookat this thread from 2008:
    http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8537277

Advertisement