Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I groaned at the flashbacks. I think they need to give the audience more credit. Really lowest common denominator stuff that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno why its called Fargo couldn't they just make a cop show set in a frozen location and call it Chill Factor or something? But beyond that I'm enjoying it, some good dialogue and Billy Bob Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just saw Episode 3, it's maintaining a high standard, some nice scenes between the smart female cop, Colin Hanks and his daughter. BBT living up to his malevolent moniker. Coen brother's fingerprints all over this and that's not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

BBT: "I have two questions and one comment."

I knew what the comment was going to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Even Colin Hanks cant ruin this ;)

Im going to say this quietly and then Im going to run away ...

.... So far Im enjoying this more than True Detective

• Advertisement

Another great episode with 1.03.

Yaw, Billy Bob is sure real good there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

The accents are hilarious the scene in the restaurant where Molly meets her friend is totally unnecessary but very funny.

Watched the first two episodes today and enjoyed them. They retain the wit of the film while brining a few new ideas and elements into play. Lester is a great character and I can't have been the only one who felt like punching the air when he bashed his wife's brains in. I was relived that such an utterly unlikablecharacter wouldn't be sticking around.

The accents are hilarious the scene in the restaurant where Molly meets her friend is totally unnecessary but very funny.

Oh yaw, you betcha!

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

random thought

All the characters are weird and quirky, nearly everyone, and its set in some slightly alternate universe of human behavior , once you accept that its quite good not brilliant thou , worth watching

Only saw the film once I vaguely remember it as been excellent, would it be fair to say all the characters in the film where also a bit weird although not as weird as tv show.

nearly every kid that's introduced is unsound, hess kids are dim , nigard nephew has the autism, the supermarket king kid is tapped.

Don't like the two "heavies" at all the deaf one and the jew, a bit tooooo quirky

nigard needs to get that shotgun pellet out his hand LOL.

BBT is excellent carrying the show, although he leaves clues everywhere as he goes
    about his business and his various unnecessary side businesses,

What does fargo mean, was bbt on the phone with someone who refereed to the big boss as Fargo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

What does fargo mean, was bbt on the phone with someone who refereed to the big boss as Fargo?

Fargo is a town in North Dakota that the movie was named after.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The movie had one scene early on that was set in Fargo, then it was never mentioned again. It's not even in the state of Minnesota, where all the action happens, but just over the border in North Dakota. The Coen Brothers are like that. It's an average-sized town, so if Fargo represents "the big city", then you know you're in a small town.

I think one welcome difference from the movie is that the scenery is shot more realistically. It's not as "pretty" as the film, but more representative of what it's actually like up there near the Canadian border. Less of the Lake Wobegon stuff than I was expecting, which is also a good thing.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is not based on a true story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

bnt wrote: »

I think one welcome difference from the movie is that the scenery is shot more realistically. It's not as "pretty" as the film, but more representative of what it's actually like up there near the Canadian border. Less of the Lake Wobegon stuff than I was expecting, which is also a good thing.

The TV series was shot right here in Alberta, Canada. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I just watched the 1st episode, I really liked it. Billy Bob Thornton was excellent. It's the first time I've seen Martin Freeman in anything since the The Office years ago and enjoyed his performance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's the first time I've seen Martin Freeman in anything since the The Office years ago and enjoyed his performance too.
    Sherlock? Get on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Basq wrote: »
    Sherlock? Get on that!

Will do. Heard some good things. Didn't know Martin Freeman had it in him :)

Just watched the second episode there, still looking good. Some of Billy Bob's exchanges with people remind me of Chigurh's exchanges with people in No Country for Old Men. Great sinister undertones. Not surprising I guess with the Coen's involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Basq wrote: »
    Sherlock? Get on that!

Also, the little indie films "The Hobbit" and "The Desolation of Smaug"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Don't like the two "heavies" at all the deaf one and the jew, a bit tooooo quirky

The jewish one must have been working out since his "one punch" days from that great movie "dazed and confused".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's just about holding my attention.

I like Billy Bob's character, but come on. This is a "small town"? How much more **** is he gonna get away with? I know that's part of his character, his cheek. But yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Really good start but it's faltering somewhat. Billy Bob holding things together but some of the arcs (The supermarket guy being blackmailed) are just so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

im loving this tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Enjoyed ep4..funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I loved how they tied the movie with that first scene of EP 4.

The ending was hilarious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Finished Ep 3... not sure I'm going to make it much further, very meh.

I loved how they tied the movie with that first scene of EP 4.

Such a clever tie in.

This show is getting better week on week. Billy Bob was hilarious in 1.04 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just watched ep 4. Show seems to be getting better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Glebee wrote: »
    Just watched ep 4. Show seems to be getting better and better.
    Yeah, best episode so far I think. I'm loving the tone, it has a great sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Watching the first one now. It's good.
    The hair on Billy Bob Horndog is ridiculous.

Advertisement