Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Just finished ep.6 and I'm done, it's one of the worst written, plot hole riddled, trying-too-hard shows I've ever seen where all characters in it are stupid and the cops worse... It's absolutely terrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

FearDark wrote: »
    plot hole riddled

Explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

it's been ok, about a 7/10

a little too stylistic for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wow, episode 6 played out like a season finale or a season finale done by the Coens.
    Looking forward to seeing how this runs it's course now.
    I'm just hoping Lester grows a pair of balls by the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I'm only 3 episodes in (in the middle of exam period!!!) but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Really impressed by the cast, especially Allison Tolman as Molly.. developing a small crush on her ha!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Butterface wrote: »
    I'm only 3 episodes in (in the middle of exam period!!!) but I'm enjoying it so far.
    Really impressed by the cast, especially Allison Tolman as Molly.. developing a small crush on her ha!!

Me too..love the accents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Just finished ep.6 and I'm done, it's one of the worst written, plot hole riddled, trying-too-hard shows I've ever seen where all characters in it are stupid and the cops worse... It's absolutely terrible.

tumblr_n4403rQdP31qm67ico1_400.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just watched ep 6.

Honestly one of the best episodes of a TV show I have seen in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thank you. It's pants. I don't give a sh!t about any of the characters whatsoever.

And what the fcuk is Malvo supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

ya
    lol at all the hype over this

i've watched up to ep6

its ok but too much style over substance

think I just bout had enough now

bye malvo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Is BBT working for Fargo as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If it wasn't for the lack of anything else decent to watch I'd probably have given up on this by now.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Thank you. It's pants. I don't give a sh!t about any of the characters whatsoever.

And what the fcuk is Malvo supposed to be?
    ya
    lol at all the hype over this

i've watched up to ep6

its ok but too much style over substance

think I just bout had enough now

bye malvo
    If it wasn't for the lack of anything else decent to watch I'd probably have given up on this by now.

Thank you, I thought I was going mad, there seems to be so many people falling over themselves about this show and I can't understand it at all. Coming from GoT, Breaking Bad, True Detective - well written, clever shows with unique characters that you can identify with. This rubbish just has one cliched character after another...and they're all dumb, that fella who Malvo locked into the closet, "hey what are you doing"..."ok i'll just go stand in the closet so see ya tomorrow" to the SWAT team just opening fire on the house after a stand off of what, one minute? That's not what SWAT teams do. The guy who's been taking extacy for weeks... jesus you'd know. The show relies mostly on coincidence to tell its story too. That's just from the last episode, I've been very very frustrated with it for weeks but stuck with it because the original Cohen Brothers movie was absolutely amazing and I thought if this was half as good it would still be genius.

Oh and flying fish... jesus f christ.

It's bad. Very very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Thank you, I thought I was going mad, there seems to be so many people falling over themselves about this show and I can't understand it at all. Coming from GoT, Breaking Bad, True Detective - well written, clever shows with unique characters that you can identify with. This rubbish just has one cliched character after another...and they're all dumb, that fella who Malvo locked into the closet, "hey what are you doing"..."ok i'll just go stand in the closet so see ya tomorrow" to the SWAT team just opening fire on the house after a stand off of what, one minute? That's not what SWAT teams do. The guy who's been taking extacy for weeks... jesus you'd know. The show relies mostly on coincidence to tell its story too. That's just from the last episode, I've been very very frustrated with it for weeks but stuck with it because the original Cohen Brothers movie was absolutely amazing and I thought if this was half as good it would still be genius.

Oh and flying fish... jesus f christ.

It's bad. Very very bad.

To call it very very bad is harsh in my opinion. I think its got some very strong characters
    Lester and Molly in particular. Fargo has allot more humorous moments than the other programmes you mentioned, And should not be taken so seriously.

You may not get the same attachment but it is funnier and more entertaining than 95% of the TV out now.

Those fish were failing not flying and a known phenomenon unlike your GOT Dragons.

I also think you underestimate how many dumb soles inhabit this planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Is the premise of the show that its set in slightly alternate universe where everyone is a bit quirky/weird and a bit stupid.

You have to accept this and roll with it kinda like a wes Anderson film
    I give a 6.75/10 its entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is the premise of the show that its set in slightly alternate universe where everyone is a bit quirky/weird and a bit stupid.

You have to accept this and roll with it kinda like a wes Anderson film
    I give a 6.75/10 its entertaining.

You should watch the film. It's set in a small town where everyone is a lot more gullible than city folk.

Even though there has been some silly bits (a patient heading for treatment just left in the corridor) I'm still really enjoying the show.

Even though there has been some silly bits (a patient heading for treatment just left in the corridor) I'm still really enjoying the show.

Ever been to an Irish hospital? This was the most realistic part of the episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ever been to an Irish hospital? This was the most realistic part of the episode!

He was on the way for radiology treatment, not stuck in a corridor due to no beds available.

He was on the way for radiology treatment, not stuck in a corridor due to no beds available.
    I've sat in hospital corridors hours on end, watching as patients are left to wait outside treatment rooms until someone came out and brought them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Enjoying it so far, here's the track from the end of episode 2:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

To call it very very bad is harsh in my opinion. I think its got some very strong characters
    Lester and Molly in particular. Fargo has allot more humorous moments than the other programmes you mentioned, And should not be taken so seriously.

You may not get the same attachment but it is funnier and more entertaining than 95% of the TV out now.

Those fish were failing not flying and a known phenomenon unlike your GOT Dragons.

I also think you underestimate how many dumb soles inhabit this planet.

A lot less now there are hundreds splatted all over a Minnesota highway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any idea what that drum track is from when Numbers and Wrench first came on the scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Jimdagym wrote: »
    A lot less now there are hundreds splatted all over a Minnesota highway :pac:

lol,,,, the most embarrassing thing about that error is the correct spelling is in my name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

There is something about the Fargo film and this series that rubs me the wrong way. The pace of many scenes for one thing, the dopey characters and their annoying accents.

If it wasn't for Billy Bob I wouldn't be watching this, and the quality of his character took a serious dip in episode 6. I was frustrated with the entire episode, very, very weak imo. No structure. The kid ignoring Martin Freeman for one, don't treat the viewer like a fucking idiot.

Huge Cohen brothers fan, but Fargo is not for me.

I can see why the Chohen brothers stayed away from this, the original movie was absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite films ever but this is just a cheap imitation. I'm just happy I'm not the only one who feels like that because just reading forums and reviews on various places around the net it's getting rave reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I can see why the Chohen brothers stayed away from this, the original movie was absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite films ever but this is just a cheap imitation. I'm just happy I'm not the only one who feels like that because just reading forums and reviews on various places around the net it's getting rave reviews...

I often wonder how much people make up their own minds about things and how much they follow the crowd. The 9.2 this gets on imdb is laughable, I think people NEED to be up on what the next big show is to be cool, and then overrate it as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

weemcd wrote: »
    I often wonder how much people make up their own minds about things and how much they follow the crowd. The 9.2 this gets on imdb is laughable, I think people NEED to be up on what the next big show is to be cool, and then overrate it as a result.

That works both ways I'd say. Sometimes it's deemed cool to hate something that's popular.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How did the Fargo guys find Malvo seeing as how he had just come from Dennis'* house and there was almost no visibility due to the storm?

*I have been watching Glenn Howerton's scenes as a spin-off of Always Sunny because I could just see Dennis attempting to blackmail someone and getting in way over his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

iguana wrote: »
    How did the Fargo guys find Malvo seeing as how he had just come from Dennis'* house and there was almost no visibility due to the storm?

*I have been watching Glenn Howerton's scenes as a spin-off of Always Sunny because I could just see Dennis attempting to blackmail someone and getting in way over his head.

I didnt even realise that that was Dennis. Bloody hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I can see why the Chohen brothers stayed away from this, the original movie was absolutely fantastic, one of my favourite films ever but this is just a cheap imitation.

The Cohohen brothers haven't stayed away from it. They're execs on it.
    gazzer wrote: »
    I didnt even realise that that was Dennis. Bloody hell.

I just twigged it last night. Didn't recognise him for ages.

Advertisement