Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo [FX/Channel 4] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

iguana wrote: »
    How did the Fargo guys find Malvo seeing as how he had just come from Dennis'* house and there was almost no visibility due to the storm?

*I have been watching Glenn Howerton's scenes as a spin-off of Always Sunny because I could just see Dennis attempting to blackmail someone and getting in way over his head.

They were probably watching him far a while waiting for an opportunity.

weemcd wrote: »
    The kid ignoring Martin Freeman for one, .

It has been said in a previous episode that the kid isn't the full shilling, he keeps jars of pee in his closet ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm struggling to understand why people have a problem with how gullible some of the characters are: it's a small town away from everything else, this level of gullibility isn't rare. Plus it, like the film, plays the stereotype that people from Minnesota are overly polite and nice.

The latest episode has me on edge, I didn't expect to see so many twists pop up in one episode. After each twist I was ready for it to end because that's how tv works, then we were hit with another scene, it just kept going. How everything develops now will be very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I think the Cthulhu brothers would be turning in their graves if they saw this mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Sigh.. this started off great but quickly descended into farce. Its just too slapstick to be good.

I'm at episode 5 and can't be bothered watching anymore.

Freeman and BBT are superb in it but it's a mess.

Film was overrated too imo so maybe it's just a matter of taste.

• Advertisement

a "bit" farcical alright but still entertaining. it's a walter-white type transformation for Lester in one season of a series - banging the arse off Kate Walsh - class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Sigh.. this started off great but quickly descended into farce. Its just too slapstick to be good.

It is a complete and utter mess but don't diss the film, I loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Slapstick is kinda what they're going for. If you don't like then it's not for you. Taste is wholly subjective and it seems to be one of more divisive shows of recent years.

I have to say I love it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Loved the sequence when Malvo stormed the building.

Hope the series doesn't sprawl, just the one season will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best episode of the series yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Loved the sequence when Malvo stormed the building.

Same here, who needs graphic violence when the viewer can supply that in their own head. I was watching that and thinking this is how they'd have shot it if it were made in the 1930s.
    The two "elite" FBI lads staking out the building should get a medal too. Malvo pulling out the gun from hell in full view of them arguing about lunch.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

What building did Malvo storm and why did he storm it?

Great episode again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    What building did Malvo storm and why did he storm it?

Great episode again

The HQ of the Fargo mob who sent the two lads to kill him because he killed Hess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 beardy_brady

Birneybau wrote: »
    I think the Cthulhu brothers would be turning in their graves if they saw this mess.

the hate for this show has become insanely tedious

i think its absolutely superb , not a classic but truly excellent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 beardy_brady

glasso wrote: »
    a "bit" farcical alright but still entertaining. it's a walter-white type transformation for Lester in one season of a series - banging the arse off Kate Walsh - class!

silly comparison , martin freeman isnt even the central charechter of the show , he often is barely featured

the charechter of molly ( female cop ) is ,billy bob thornton is second

Yup, Molly has a chance of hanging around for further seasons. As far as I know BBT and Martin Freeman will be done and dusted once this season is over. They both have obligations elsewhere. I was watching Colin Hanks there and wondered if daddy Hanks might be up for a cameo in a future season of this. He'd fit right in, so he would.

silly comparison , martin freeman isnt even the central charechter of the show , he often is barely featured

He definitely is a central character in the show the first 2 episodes were nearly all lester, the later episodes not as much but he has featured as much if not more than anyone else in the show over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This show is still brilliant yah.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

guys this is just so enjoyable.

BBT is killing it. literally cannot wait for next week.

I was referring to the transformation of Freeman's charACTter from meek sh1t-bit to devious ba3tard. didn't say that he was a/the central character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

The "erstwhile" and "preceededly" on Fargo intro makes me cringe.

It has some good moments, some too heavy-handed and ridiculous. Is there any dimension to billy bob though? beyond being a murderous sociopath? Is the oliver platt storyline over? Please help me understand its point in the Fargo universe (genuine question). Still watching till the end to see how this blundering mess resolves (or not.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

To all the people not liking this could you recommend something else to watch.
    This is my favourite tv show atm and would love to hear what else I'm missing that is anywhere near as good as this.

Feel like all I have left to watch along with this is
    Person of interest, gone a bit meh atm &
    Blacklist.

Have been watching it on ch4 so not sure how far behind I am compared to the rest of you.

camz09 wrote: »
    The "erstwhile" and "preceededly" on Fargo intro makes me cringe.

It has some good moments, some too heavy-handed and ridiculous. Is there any dimension to billy bob though? beyond being a murderous sociopath? Is the oliver platt storyline over? Please help me understand its point in the Fargo universe (genuine question). Still watching till the end to see how this blundering mess resolves (or not.)

I think the reason BBT is in the area was because he was hired by the supermarket guy to find out who was blackmailing him. So that's how he got to be in the area in the first place as it looks like he works out of Reno, Nevada.

I don't know how that fits with the guy he dragged out if the office and had in the boot of his car but maybe I missed the connection there or that will become clear later.

BBT is just an enforcer/hitman. He works through an agency (Fargo) that has turned on him. Doing a freelance job on Martin Freeman's nemesis didn't endear him to his now deceased boss.
    The guy in the boot was probably just some randomer who didn't pay a gambling debt or looked at someone the wrong way.

BBT is just an enforcer/hitman. He works through an agency (Fargo) that has turned on him. Doing a freelance job on Martin Freeman's nemesis didn't endear him to his now deceased boss.
    The guy in the boot was probably just some randomer who didn't pay a gambling debt or looked at someone the wrong way.

Are you sure he works for Fargo? I didn't think that was the case at all. I thought Hess was working with Fargo and when he was murdered, that's when they got involved. Maybe I missed it but I thought that was all that connects BBT to Fargo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Key and Peele! How did nobody mention this yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

You seem to of become confused, he does work for an agency but its not in fargo, from the filiming outdoor shots it looks more desert, mountain terrain maybe nevada, new mexico or similar.

Sure in the last episode he visits the guy that organises the contracts, and he needs to ask him "who do i go see in Fargo about this" and its also said that he doesnt get involved in squabbles etc. He seems to be an independent go to guy for just about anybody with no loyalties or ties.

One thing that I find strange or maybe will be cleared up later is the 'death by suicide' of the original blackmailer a couple of episodes back. Surely when the cops saw the body tied to the exercise machine the would have seen that he couldn't have tied his both his legs and arms to the machine and that someone else would have had to have done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

wilser wrote: »
    To all the people not liking this could you recommend something else to watch.
    This is my favourite tv show atm and would love to hear what else I'm missing that is anywhere near as good as this.

Feel like all I have left to watch along with this is
    Person of interest, gone a bit meh atm &
    Blacklist.

Have been watching it on ch4 so not sure how far behind I am compared to the rest of you.

If you mean currently airing/or just recently finished... try The Americans (very good character study and some twists), Orphan Black (because Tatiana Maslany), The Good Wife (I think people are put off thinking it's a grey's/scandal type show, it's really not. It's their fifth season though but probably their best one yet) and Mad Men (just finished their first 7 episodes this year, it's their last season).
    Oh, and Louie. Have a go :)

• Advertisement

from the filiming outdoor shots it looks more desert, mountain terrain maybe nevada, new mexico or similar.

Reno, Nevada appeared on the screen.

Advertisement