Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godsons first birthday party

Options
  • 25-09-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

as in the subject, its the godsons first birthday this weekend, and i was wondering of something good to get him?

Not toys and the like, but something special etc......

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Do you want something for him now or would you be okay with something for the future?

Something for him now, I don't think there's anything you can do that will be special. A bunch of cuddly toys would be the best bet and hope that one of them becomes his favourite. At that age you'll never know which one it could be.

Something for the furture well the obvious answer is booze. A good bottle of whisky, wine, mead, whatever that will mature and be something for his eighteenth.

Another option in that vein would a large, fancy scrapbook arrangment. You could add to it each year and again something nice on an eighteenth or other such important birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Cheers Orim, thanks for the advice!

THink ill go with something for the parents rather than the kid TBH! well thats where the majority of the spend will go!

Vouchers and the like, but id prefer to get something of use to them / him now than the long term thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'd say an offer to babysit and a voucher for a restaurant/show/hotel would go down well with the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

For my godchildren's birthdays and for Christmas, I get them prizebonds plus a little pressie. Hopefully when they turn 18, there'll be a few quid for a holiday, towards uni or whatever. It's adding up to quite the nest egg at this stage

Advertisement