Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Notice to terminate contract?

• 25-09-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Suppose you had a contract from a well known TV/Broadband company.

The terms of this contract say that if the contract is cancelled before one year a fee of 150 quid is liable. However, in my case I've gone beyond the one year service period.

Suppose I now want to cancel my contract with them on say the 1st of October as that is the date I am paid up until. Do I really have to give them 30 days notice "as per their terms and conditions"?

Kind of know what answer I am going to get but you never know....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Mezcita wrote: »
    Suppose you had a contract from a well known TV/Broadband company.

The terms of this contract say that if the contract is cancelled before one year a fee of 150 quid is liable. However, in my case I've gone beyond the one year service period.

Suppose I now want to cancel my contract with them on say the 1st of October as that is the date I am paid up until. Do I really have to give them 30 days notice "as per their terms and conditions"?

You're perfectly entitled to break a contract any other position would essentially result in slavery - but the other side is then entitled to damages. Will they peruse it or be able to register it with any sort of credit agency - I have no idea. Is there anything like Experian or Equifax in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Mezcita wrote: »

Any answer would be specific legal advice based on the terms you have given.

Nobody here can offer considered advice without seeing the whole of the contract document. Anybody who does is either an idiot, or trying to be helpful but doesn't have the requisite legal knowledge.

Sorry.

Advertisement