Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuse switch above oven

Options
  • 25-09-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I tend to leave the oven fuse switch (that comes on the wall of most kitchens) on. It feels like the oven was designed not to be powered off and on all the time and goes into clock resetting mode each time you flick it on.

I've lived with others who insist on flicking it off when not in use. I'm actually pretty electrical and environmentally conscious and try and turn off anything that's not being used.

Is the oven actually drawing more than a watt to power the clock and keep it in standby or am I in for a surprise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

I turn it off, not because i care about the consumption but more because my wife has a tendency not to turn off the rings. I've had more stuff burned and melted from leaving it on the cooker, it's just safer to leave it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Its not actually a fuse switch its just an isolator ,its fine to leave it on ,just turn off the rings on the cooker

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Maxfresh - thanks. I had thought that there was some sort of fuse involved.

I guess I'm wondering if there's any real electrical draw from it when the isolator switch is on? I know it must vary from brand to brand but considering it feels as good as off and only the digital clock is on, I'm assuming it must use a fraction of a watt per hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Scon wrote: »
    Maxfresh - thanks. I had thought that there was some sort of fuse involved.

I guess I'm wondering if there's any real electrical draw from it when the isolator switch is on? I know it must vary from brand to brand but considering it feels as good as off and only the digital clock is on, I'm assuming it must use a fraction of a watt per hour?

Yes very little current drawn off the clock part of the cooker ,the fuse for the cooker is at the distribution board its usually a 32 amp mcb

Advertisement