Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smokegreen.ie ecig?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey guys i have been thinking about trying an ecig for a while. might go out to get one this evening as they sell them in some shopping centers.

Has anybody tried it from these?

http://www.e-cig.ie/product/premium-electronic-cigarette-kit

Would i be better off to hold on and buy one online
    or is this a decent one to get me started?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

They work for some people, but most times I've seen this kind of kit mentioned, it's in "Is there anything better than this?" posts after they've discovered it doesn't curb the cravings.

This post covers what you may need to be satisfied, with an example shopping cart.

That site is here, and you can use the discount code

boards

to get 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Those ecig kits are good to give you an idea of what vaping is about or to use on flights etc but I don't see them as a long term solution.

Something with a better battery life and that can deliver a better throat hit etc is more likely to last you for months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hey sept09baby, I tried my link to your post and it says the thread is closed...?
    Do you still have that shopping cart pic to upload?

Here? Does it work now? Weird iOS glitch?

Pow! Works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grindle wrote: »
    Hey sept09baby, I tried my link to your post and it says the thread is closed...?
    Do you still have that shopping cart pic to upload?

Here? Does it work now? Weird iOS glitch?

Pow! Works.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80824533&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Hey guys i have been thinking about trying an ecig for a while. might go out to get one this evening as they sell them in some shopping centers.

Has anybody tried it from these?

http://www.e-cig.ie/product/premium-electronic-cigarette-kit

Would i be better off to hold on and buy one online
    or is this a decent one to get me started?

Thanks!

I am new to vaping so i should just point that out, i bought one of these in a shopping center a year ago and it did nothing for me at all and the real shame was that it put a bad image of e cigs in my head afterwards, i just started on another one and ive taken to it like a duck to water and cant believe i wasted a year waiting to try a different one, i suppose my only advice would be is that even if you buy one and it doesnt do anything for you, try, try, try again because once you find one that suits you, you will not look back. good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bluesguitar

hey guys thanks for the comments.
    i got one of these in the end as it was just handy to go up and get it,
    and was keen to quit.

having never used an ecig before it took a bit of getting used to,
    got the extra strength 24mg cartridges with it
    and haven't had a fag since last Tuesday.

i will be looking to upgrade soon to something
    with better battery life and nicer flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I am new to vaping so i should just point that out, i bought one of these in a shopping center a year ago and it did nothing for me at all and the real shame was that it put a bad image of e cigs in my head afterwards

For any first-timer, I'd usually just say stay away from these "lookalike" e-cigs, the majority don't taste great even with a decent cart, battery generally sucks unless you are a less-than-moderate smoker, and psychologically and in time you'll use it as an excuse to get back on the fags once your brain realizes they are crap.

"Oh i even tried those e-cig things and it tasted like crap and the battery kept dying"

Next step up if you don't want something too big or expensive would be an Ego 650mah and decent re-buildable clearomizer like a stardust V5 or Kanger.... you really wont believe the flavor difference between what you have now and a half decent non-ciggarette-like setup.

If size is not a real issue get a decent mod like a Telescope, without going the Variable Voltage its by far the simplest to use and maintain. Get a long battery (for home use) and short battery.

Even with the short battery (16350) it will outperform an Ego by miles.

Then prepare to get sucked into "hobby vaping" ... hehe.

Advertisement