Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the bank bar?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

i know it closed down years ago but does anyone have any info on who owns it and if the offices above it are still in use, would make a amazing resturant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Th whole building is empty, I know who owns it but the best was to approach it if your interested is through a real estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I thought some of the offices were in use. I'm almost sure I was in one only a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

south wrote: »
    I thought some of the offices were in use. I'm almost sure I was in one only a few weeks ago

Often happens to me..... it's the drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

It needs an awful lot of work, I was in there a few years with 2 guys who wanted to open there. It would have cost thm too much money and they have since opened somewhere else. The offices weren't in use at the time by the way, don't know about now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Jboss

Some has bought it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hope something cool will be done with it. Was a nice spot and that area needs it.

It was a fine place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Really liked that bar. When did it close, must be going on 10 years ago or so?

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Jboss wrote: »
    Some has bought it

Can you verify this, no sign or otherwise up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Talking of that area, any sign of T+H's opening? Didn't see any sign of renovations whenever I've passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Talking of that area, any sign of T+H's opening? Didn't see any sign of renovations whenever I've passed it.

I'd imagine a lot of red tape surrounds that bar with it being so old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

The bank is closed 8years ago this year

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

if they could copy The Left Bank in Kilkenny-they would be onto a winner-it was a lovely bar-could be amazing with the right management/staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

niallo76 wrote: »
    if they could copy The Left Bank in Kilkenny-they would be onto a winner-it was a lovely bar-could be amazing with the right management/staff

Location-wise, it's all wrong. If you're not in John's Street, you're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

used do the door of the bank bar and i must say it had some tossers for customers, people who thought they were someone and an attitude to go with it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

looder wrote: »
    Location-wise, it's all wrong. If you're not in John's Street, you're in trouble.

The Reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

some_dose wrote: »
    The Reg?

Not open a wet day, winters coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

location wise, the left bank beside the castle in Kilkenny is comparable to the reg in our Viking triangle.

the bank bar it's now in the part of the city that the council has abandoned. as soon as they moved the tourist office away they changed the nature of that part of town.

hopefully there is a plan for the area from Dooleys to the clock tower.

Advertisement