Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog groomed...other dog not too impressed

• 25-09-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

I just brought our older dog back from the groomers and they did a fantastic job. He's always had a bit of an issue with people sticking things close to his face, so we've usually just clipped the hair around his face ourselves. However, we thought we'd really spruce him up this time, and he actually looks like a different dog. It's pretty amazing. However, our other dog, wh's quite a bit younger is far from impressed. It's as if he doesn't recognise the older dog. He keeps sniffing around him, which I s'pose might be becuse he had a bath. But he's also whimpering and whining, and just acting as if there's an interloper in his midst! Anyone know if this is common?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hehe this happened to somebody I know.. They brought the dog to be groomed but it was done to breed standard.. Turns out he's some fancy breed and basically when from looking like a ball of black fluff to an elk! A good few of the dogs didn't recognise him at first! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Our dog barked at himself in the door reflection at home after a haircut & wash, didnt know himself either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Could of written this myself, came home today with one of our dogs groomed and the middle girl got all narky, it happens nearly every time so I try and give them time outside playing away and distracting them until it sinks in with her. A bit upsetting to see them fall out but the poor collie wasn't to blame she just was glad to be home and wanted a nap after her busy day.
    They're getting on fine again now but I think I might start just bringing the two of them to the groomers on the same day from now on, it might help.
    There was some growling, no fighting or anything but my middle girl is a tempramental little wagon sometimes have to do some work with her and will be taking her to classes as soon as some come up she's such a jealous mare as well but I think it's more the smell of the vets, the smell of other dogs comes off them as well I'd say just from being there and the unfamiliar shampooey smell of a clean dog.

Advertisement