Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jools returns

Options
  • 25-09-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

tonight The Beach Boys, PIL, Muse and more

should be good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Hot dog!

cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Noice, Muse, Brillo, might not get to it till Friday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

That's an interesting line up OP ....I will watch .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Might watch see what PiL get up to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Is it possible to watch it live online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

decent show last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

PIL stole the show
    great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

M cebee wrote: »
    PIL stole the show
    great stuff

have it recorded, did they sing "rise" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

M cebee wrote: »
    PIL stole the show
    great stuff

have it recorded, did they sing "rise" ?
    dont think so
    they played 'deeper water'-seems to be an excellent new song
    and 'not a love song'
    cant remember what else

can they play a song or what!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm really not into Muse, but that double-neck bass with the X-Y touch pad for filter frequency was class... Shame about the songs :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Joining Jools are Mumford & Sons, returning to the show to play tracks from their newly released second album Babel - the follow up to the million-selling Sigh No More. Lisa Marie Presley is also in the studio with tunes from her T-Bone Burnett-produced Storm & Grace set, which features songs co-written with Richard Hawley and Ed Harcourt.

From New York, singer, songwriter and musician Neil Sedaka borrows Jools's piano to play a couple of tunes from his extraordinary catalogue of classics. Also in the studio, London-based female post-punk four-piece Savages make their UK TV debut.

Soul legend Bobby Womack performs numbers from his acclaimed comeback album Bravest Man In the Universe, accompanied by collaborators Richard Russell and Damon Albarn. Completing the line-up are Hackney collective Rudimental, a group of songwriters and producers who rose to prominence earlier this year when their single Feel the Love, featuring singer John Newman, topped the UK chart. And ELO frontman Jeff Lynne is in the studio to chat with Jools about his new album and 40 years of the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I missed the show as well ..however some of the PIL tracks are on utube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Just saw last nights show,great stuff i thought,better than last weeks even

Savages......i think its fair to say these ladies are familiar with the work of Joy Divison,not sure about the vocals but i loved the music,if Joy Divison were a girl band theyd be Savages,the singers very pretty,gonna cause a lot of Indie boys some restless nights

Rudimental.......loved them,just noticed in a post above they had a number one this year:confused:......what can i say,i was out of touch in my teens,in my 30s now so theres no hope,great performances from them,would be fantastic live id imagine

Neil Sedaka.....thought he was great,voice hasnt aged a day......the end of the song he played got very camp though Jesus......still,enjoyed it

Bobby Womack........what a voice! could listen to him all day

Mumford & Sons......eh,kinda fast forwarded most of their songs,theyre not bad but all their songs sound the same,they definitely have a formula,dont think they deserve the hate they get,theyre not the worst of them,theyre....alright

There you go,what do the rest of you think?

John Cale next week!!!!:eek:

Edit:Forgot Lisa Marie Presley!.......she was far better than i was expecting,enjoyed her songs too,Richard Hawley played a big part on her new record which clearly didnt hurt

Advertisement