Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 ATM cards for current Account

Options
  • 25-09-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm heading to Oz in Jan for a few years but will be transferring money in to my BOI account. I am bringing my ATM & CC with me. I want my Mam to have access to my account to withdraw money while I am gone. Can I get a second ATM card for her to use on my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Little Sunshine,

Thanks for your query. Unfortunately you won't be able to request an ATM card for your mother on your account as only the account holder/s would be eligible.

One option that might suit you would be to open a joint account with her before you go. That way you could both have an ATM/Debit card on the same account. If this is something you would like to do, please make an appointment with your branch and they will be happy to go through the application process for a joint account with you.

Alternatively, if you're registered for Banking365 Online you can transfer funds online straight into your Mam's account through the online service.

I hope this helps.

Pat

Advertisement