Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Visa Debit being declined

Options
  • 25-09-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

So I decided that I wanted to use my Ulster Bank issued Visa Debit with iTunes, so naturally I fill out all of the relevant form and when I click done I get a message telling me that my card was declined.

When I rang Ulster Bank they told me that only Visa Credit cards could be used but I've seen a few people on here getting it to work and I was wondering if there's some trick involved (such as changing up the billing address, etc...)?

Thanks,
    Ruairi:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I have the same card and use it. I left the county out and it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ruairiog

guil wrote: »
    I have the same card and use it. I left the county out and it works fine

Strange - that doesn't seem to work for me either. Thanks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

I use my UB debit card with the iTunes account. A Visa Debit card is treated almost identically to a Visa Credit card - the limitation being the available funds in your account (or authorised overdraft limit). Usually at the end of the month, I can't make too many purchases ;)

That said, UB have a horrendous record as of late. At this stage, nothing would surprise me with the incompetence of their systems.

I can tell you that I made an App purchase yesterday and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

My Ulster Bank Visa Debit works for Itunes but wont work for Ebay... Look of the draw I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

My UB Debit card works fine with iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 c_murph

OP, it is likely a soft decline triggered by UB's security systems - if you've never used a particular service before with your card this can happen as it's outside of your previous purchase patterns.

Maybe try to complete the purchase again, wait 20 mins or so, then call UB and tell them you were trying to complete a purchase on iTunes using your Visa.

They should be able to review the purchase attempt on your account and white flag iTunes purchases so you can try again.

Advertisement