Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Crushed by Steamroller On Orders of Chinese Officials

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    This is one of the most horrific things I have ever read. I can't even joke about it. :mad:
    Not to worry, we have people here to do that for you. Wouldn't say it to a Pakistani face to face:D Don't know me so. I'd say it to a Vicar. Any way, Chin up!, which is probably the last thing yer man heard as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Zab wrote: »
    Another fair and balanced report by Run_to_da_hills
    I wonder what the mitigating circumstances could be that would justify this mans gruesome murder at the hands of the Chinese government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

This story has not reached main stream media yet and no doubt it will.

Every so often a shocking story like this leaks out from China, about six months ago it was the child run over by two trucks. This is just as shocking in that it was authorised by the state. The Victims family were even offered compensation to try and keep a lid on it but the story has seemingly gone out.

A villager in northern China attempting to resist a forced government relocation by remaining on his land was brutally crushed to death by a road flattening truck on the orders of a Chinese government official.

The story, which was censored in China’s state controlled media, has caused outrage amongst users of Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, given it’s horrifying similarity to what happened to student protesters who were crushed to death by tanks during the Tiananmen Square protests in 1989.

The victim, He Zhi Hua, refused to accept a paltry payment from the government which has forcefully evicted Changsha Village locals in order to re-appropriate their land for commercial use.

When Hua began a protest by lying down on the spot through which construction vehicles had to pass, the local Vice Mayor ordered workers for the state-owned company to murder Hua by driving over his body with a huge road-flattening truck.

Shocking images show Hua’s pulverized brains and his mangled body in the aftermath of the state-sponsored execution.

Fearing unrest if the story got out to a wider audience, the government sent in 200 men to keep angry locals at bay and hide the remains of the body. The man’s family was offered a sum of money in order to keep quiet about the incident.

SFW: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208507/Chinese-protester-opposing-government-takeover-village-land-crushed-death-state-controlled-road-flattening-truck.html
    Thread should be renamed "Crazy Chinman commits suicide", the nut lay down in the path of the machines FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder what the aliens that interrupted the opening ceremony of the Olympics would make of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Pottler wrote: »
    Not to worry, we have people here to do that for you. Wouldn't say it to a Pakistani face to face:D Don't know me so. I'd say it to a Vicar. Any way, Chin up!, which is probably the last thing yer man heard as well.

the worst thing about your thick post is that it isn't even funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I wonder what the mitigating circumstances could be that would justify this mans gruesome murder at the hands of the Chinese government?

that he was too stupid and stubborn to get out of the way despite ample opportunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

That other lad did stand in front of the line of tanks near Tiananmen Square and they didn't roll over him (though the authorities probably shot him later). Maybe this guy expected the same from the steamroller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

that he was too stupid and stubborn to get out of the way despite ample opportunity?

Jaysus, that's a grand handy way of thinking about stuff. He wouldn't move so drive over him and kill him. Lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Ahh heyor!!! Leave errr ouuu!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

inmyday wrote: »
    Haha. I cant say what I feel. Ive been banned too much on boards cause I took the bait in the past.

I just think Its a bit harsh to make gags, especially that, its grand to make fun of this guy in China, but if a man was crushed in Laois tomorrow by some farming equipment, It would be "RIP", "his poor children", "poor man, horrible way too go" etc, all over after hours

Maybe youre right, we should laugh at everyone when they die, especially when they die a horrible death, haha, every bone in his body was crushed, haha, Fcuk his family, fcuk them all, haha, Im funny!

So true. How I love the 'Ignore List' facility in boards.ie, which allows you to cut life-hating, nasty, boorish and stupid people out of your timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bang of sanctimon6y of these threads. Too many people comparing empathy cock with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

inmyday wrote: »
    No no, I dont think you know what I mean, Im not offended by any of it really. Just want to know why the double standard is ok in after hoursm with the mods, and us irish people in general.
    Some of the puns and jokes would be very funny, if it wasnt so serious, as some man being crushed to death.

Perhaps the attached chart will help you understand...
    see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

anncoates wrote: »
    Bang of sanctimon6y of these threads. Too many people comparing empathy cock with each other.

That would be decency, not empathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Here's a question.. Since there is alot of how could they and isnt it awful, aren't they savages over there...
    Is there much difference in this obviously corrupt local politician ordering this to be done and some scum bag in Dublin blowing a lads brains out in front of his kids..Or whoever left that poor OAP tied up for days to die slowly..
    People like to sit on their glass thrones and point out the savagery "over there" when we could look much closer to home for savagery and find plenty of it..

As for those surprised at the "off" jokes being made.. remember this is the AH forum, the epicentre of adolesence behaviour on the internet. Good for a laugh but not to be taken too seriously :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah youre right, only option is to murder him. Couldn't just grab him and drag him away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yeah youre right, only option is to murder him. Couldn't just grab him and drag him away...

Well you can bet nobody will lie in front of the steamroller again which is probably what the authorities were trying to achieve. Not that I condone it..just pointing it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

smurgen wrote: »
    Neither are any of yours. Does that make us even? Anyway, I laughed, so it's all good here. Is it cruel? Yup, but it's not as cruel as a million other crap things that happened in the world yesterday that ended with people losing their lives. Is this the "serious political debate forum"? No, it's After Hours, now get away out from in front of me steamroller, with the "ohh, you're so thick and cruel" pc gubbige.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Jill Meagher's body has been found. She was raped and murdered. There's a thread about her in After Hours. Will the same idiots in here who made their pathetic jokes about this poor man do the same in the Meagher thread?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jill Meagher's body has been found. She was raped and murdered. There's a thread about her in After Hours. Will the same idiots in here who made their pathetic jokes about this poor man do the same in the Meagher thread?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Thread was buried, but then........

Making a fight out of a tragedy.

Making a joke out of a tragedy.

Take your pick folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

bbam wrote: »
    As for those surprised at the "off" jokes being made.. remember this is the AH forum, the epicentre of adolesence behaviour on the internet. Good for a laugh but not to be taken too seriously :rolleyes:

The surprise comes from the fact that in this thread it's deemed acceptable to comment in that way, whereas it wasn't acceptable in other threads about dead people (Nevin Spence, Gerry Ryan, Katy French, whoever).

People have pointed out that a friend/relative of an Irish person may read the thread (and find it offensive), whereas that is unlikely in the case of this relatively unknown Chinese man. However, people have also told inmyday that if he/she finds the content of the thread offensive, he/she should not read it.

So the issue is the abundance of contradictions and double standards - if it is to be considered fair game to rip the piss out of this dead person, then why not other dead people? Alternatively, if we are to treat most deaths with solemn respect, then why not this Chinese man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

mikom wrote: »
    Thread was buried, but then........

Making a fight out of a tragedy.

Making a joke out of a tragedy.

Take your pick folks.

The thread wasn't 'buried,' by any means.

Besides, my point is both clear, and fair.

If you're going to make jokes about people in the manner seen in this thread then have the courage to do it on a consistent basis. Don't be a hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Besides, my point is both clear, and fair.

The question is, will the mods be as lenient in the Jill Meagher thread as they were in this one?
    I think you know the answer.

My point is both clear, and fair............... see two can play that game

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Roll eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I read some most of these comments here and they are pretty shocking to read.

For an honest opinion, at least some of those pictures from the DM article were partially blurred or pixel-lated out to prevent showing the true damage of what happened. Even IMO those same people who posted the same offensive comments will form a vastily different opinion at anytime when those pics are uncensored possibly from other sites. They couldn't be bothered to do so either due to the gravity of the images.

And I telling you now it wouldn't be one bit pretty.

It is an utter disgrace for the Chinese government to do such an action to the poor man.

May the dead man R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Pottler wrote: »
    smurgen wrote: »
    Neither are any of yours. Does that make us even? Anyway, I laughed, so it's all good here. Is it cruel? Yup, but it's not as cruel as a million other crap things that happened in the world yesterday that ended with people losing their lives. Is this the "serious political debate forum"? No, it's After Hours, now get away out from in front of me steamroller, with the "ohh, you're so thick and cruel" pc gubbige.

- I hear they're awaiting one of your hilarious comments over in the jill meagher thread to lighten the mood. You should go for it,sure hundreds of women get raped and murdered every year anyway so no big deal LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Horrific

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

What about the fcuker who drove the truck? What kind of human being was he?
    I certainly wouldn't follow an order by my boss to kill someone, no fcuking way.

The driver and every bollocks right up to the top should be before a judge for this.

Watch the Americans preaching and gas-bagging about this now when they beat and club and pepper-spray
    their own peaceful sit-down protestors in spectacular wholesale fashion.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

because I didn't know the person i can only go by my view that the lesser the population the more precious the individual.. would be another saving grace, but that's just how I see it. And let's face it there's not many, amongst the many not in thought nor features - I still have yellow fever though, n think my heart lies in some fcuking oriental garden or something but hey-oh

And vice-versa but I remember how I, was that overly compassionate kid

• Advertisement

Mod

No more "jokes" about the incident and no more discussing what is and isn't acceptable to joke about.

Discuss the subject at hand, or don't post in the thread.

Advertisement