Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card -- doesn't show detailed information

Options
  • 25-09-2012 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi,

my visa debit card is not showing me detailed information of my purchases -- with the advantage of using this for online purchases (instead of using the credit card) i'm finding it very hard to keep track of my shopping, specially when i tend to do so many small transactions in between 2 and 20 euro

any way i can have a more detailed information of the purchase !?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Had the same experience, bought lunch in a well known Dublin pub but it appeared on my online statement as simply 'debit card' so....
    coylemj wrote: »
    Hi guys, I used my Visa Debit card today for a small POS transaction. On my 365Online statement the transaction is listed simply as 'Debit Card', are there any plans to name the merchant as would happen on a CC statement?
    Hi coylemj,

When you make the transaction it will appear on 365Online as 'Debit Card' until the retailer processes the transaction on their side. This can sometimes take a couple days. Once this has been done, you will be able to view the description online in much the same way as you can view the description for credit card transactions on your statements.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    Pat

Right enough, after a few days the name of the pub appeared against the transaction on my statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

thanks for the reply

i was wondering if it was just taking it's time -- apparently, it's taking loads of time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi luisspellcast,

As coylemj pointed out, it may take a few days for the narrative to display more information. The time it takes depends on when the retailer processes the transaction.

Thanks for posting,
    Graham

Advertisement