Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary nursing

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey i want to go back to College next year september 2013 to do a course in Veterinary Nursing.. I know of all the courses and for me it boils down to Athlone, UCD or Cork.

I want to know if people could give me an insight into the courses and life around the course?
    Difficulty level. expense and all that sort of thing...

I heard that athlone have a good amount of mature students so going by that im sure the first year in most courses would be abit easier than other Colleges?

You get the highest qualification in Ireland in UCD but its 4 years.

and your a registered Nurse after two years in Cork?

So if anyone can give me some advice or personal experience id appreciate it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

The course has changed at UCD since I was there, so my only advice can be to avoid Cork. The reason I say this is that, in my experience, grads from there simply do not have the same experience and knowledge, presumably since it's only 2 years. I think your job prospects would be better with a degree from any of the other courses.

Advertisement