Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home improvments

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi im looking to fix up my bathroom and by fix up i mean gut the whole bathroom. We want to take out the bath put in a shower, new toilet sink and tile the whole room. I was hoping someone on here could help me by giving me a 'guesstimate' on how much it would cost to do all this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

Not being smart, but how long is a piece of string?
    How big is the room? Does it need to be replumbed? Is there electrical work needed?.......... Plus dozens of other questions.

Start calling people in and get quotes, its an impossible question to answer online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nibblerc1

its six * six only a small bit of plumbing where the shower will go. Maybe i should have been more clear has anyone had there bathroom remodeled and if they dont mind could they tell me how much it cost? Thanks for the relply though every little helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

nibblerc1 wrote: »
    its six * six only a small bit of plumbing where the shower will go. Maybe i should have been more clear has anyone had there bathroom remodeled and if they dont mind could they tell me how much it cost? Thanks for the relply though every little helps.

It cost me €1500 to remove a bath and put in an electric shower, shower tray, tiling and enclosure. A new toilet, sink and tiling the whole room including floor would add another couple of K to that. A lot depends on the tiles chosen. They vary a lot in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Rough guesstimate of €3k, thats with midrange shower, sanitary ware and tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

2.5k is what I paid, New bath, sink, toilet negative head pump. Fully tiled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nibblerc1

Thanks very much, so im talkin around 3k to do the whole room, i best get saving lol

Advertisement