Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you pay for your TV channels?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Freesat is not much good imo. You miss all the documentary channels like discovery, history etc. No sky1, comedy central, syfy etc, poor selection of music channels and plenty more. Its grand for a bedroom not so much for the main room.

Back on topic we have the full sky pack, all entertainment channels, sports, movies and the HD add on, I could take or leave the movies but couldn't be without the entertainment and sports packs.

yep pretty much in the same boat except minus the movies and HD. just finished getting sky sports at half price so waiting for another offer before we sign up again. ridiculously expensive otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Free to Air = currently getting about 185 genuine TV channels and 95 decent Radio channels, not forgetting the HD channels BBCHD BBC1HD ITV1HD CHN4HD NHKHD. Of course we also get SKY News, BBC News 24, BBC3, BBC4, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, then there's all the UK regional stations including BBC Scotland, BBC London, BBC Wales, BBC NI, etc etc etc and all the + 1 channels too! Childrens channels including CBeebies, movie channels, music channels, etc etc etc, yes of course there are some notable exceptions, but for a 'freebie' service its bloody brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

LordSutch wrote: »
    Free to Air = currently getting about 185 genuine TV channels and 95 decent Radio channels, not forgetting the HD channels BBCHD BBC1HD ITV1HD CHN4HD NHKHD. Of course we also get SKY News, BBC News 24, BBC3, BBC4, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, then there's all the UK regional stations including BBC Scotland, BBC London, BBC Wales, BBC NI, etc etc etc and all the + 1 channels too! Childrens channels including CBeebies, movie channels, music channels, etc etc etc, yes of course there are some notable exceptions, but for a 'freebie' service its bloody brilliant.

Nice One :cool:; that's the future TV arrangement sorted for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I have liveonlinefooty for football which have HD Streams and every premier league match for 7 quid for two months and a lot of Spanish games. I hook laptop up to HD tv which is great. I also have the free to air skybox where I get BBC, ITV etc(Have to get a HD box soon). I also download every episode of my favourite tv shows and play them through my XBOX as well as films for free. I recently subscribed to Netflix because offering a lot of stuff in HD and can be a pain to download instead of streaming. Dont know will I continute with it TBH. Its good through the XBOX though.

I used to have Sky and only channel I liked was comedy central and then realized it was all repeats and could just download everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Tell me more

Currently with upc, sports & broadband, costing me a fortune :(

Probably got someone's Sky Go account details.

Yep, something like that. I don't know the ins and outs of it!

I have Sky "Dogs Bollix" package.

Advertisement