Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tekkit shield question

• 25-09-2012 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone knew how to break through a shield?

I have an area shield set up in a cube around my base. It's hooked up via a MFSU and some HV arrays. I died while in there while it was on but I spawned outside. Now I can't get back in. :(

I've tried digging in from underneath but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ask an admin for help then build a remote for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

MagicSean wrote: »
    Ask an admin for help then build a remote for it.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm on singleplayer. :o

Remote is a much better idea than my running a ribbon cable through the shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Albection wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm on singleplayer. :o

Remote is a much better idea than my running a ribbon cable through the shield.

Dont know if there is a way, unless you wanna whittle the shield down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'm sorry but i laughed at that, its hilarious :P This is the reason i love tekkit.

To solve your problem , you need to block the light getting to the HV arrays. that might mean covering the above area in dirt.

Once they are not supplying power , the power in the MFSU will eventually deplete and you'll be allowed back in.

Also you could edit the DAT file to give you creative mode and bust through it.
    (Haven't tried that, might not work)

Or you could try loading the world in MC Edit and move you player position to inside the force field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Can't you just keep the time set to night to deplete the array?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

MagicSean wrote: »
    Can't you just keep the time set to night to deplete the array?

I don't think he has access to those commands, he'll need to enable cheat mode in the NEI to use the time commands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Kenno90 wrote: »
    To solve your problem , you need to block the light getting to the HV arrays. that might mean covering the above area in dirt.

Thanks! That's genius. :D

I'm playing without cheats so I'll have to stick with the dirt blockade. Hopefully it won't take too long. But I still have access to some of the structures around the main base so it's not like I'll be completely without anything to do.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but i laughed at that, its hilarious :P This is the reason i love tekkit.

It actually is pretty funny. :o There was a moment when it took a bit to sink in that I'd locked myself out. Felt a little bit stupid....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

I NEED to find out if this works! =].

Hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Merger wrote: »
    I NEED to find out if this works! =].

Hilarious

Sounds kind of Sinister :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Nokia08

Any Updates?

• Advertisement
Advertisement