Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur's Day 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    They are one of the headliners and being paid by Diageo so will show up where they are told I'd imagine. Looks like its definitely Texas from what I'm getting from people working in Smyths.

Apologies, didn't realise they were part of the overseas bands being brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nwo4ever

Have you still got the tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I haven't heard much about the 2.50 pints this year??anyone know the pubs doing the cheap pints of Guiness?

Was just onto UL and The Coronas tonight is not for Arthurs day its part of the UL 40 year anniversary and tickets are only available to UL Students and Staff! Sickened, anyone know of anyone not using their tickets? Worth a try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

nwo4ever wrote: »
    Was just onto UL and The Coronas tonight is not for Arthurs day its part of the UL 40 year anniversary and tickets are only available to UL Students and Staff! Sickened, anyone know of anyone not using their tickets? Worth a try :)

You need student ID card so not worth getting someones ticket tbh

• Advertisement

Ah crap! Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

leakyboots wrote: »
    Primal Scream played the O2 less than a year ago, I doubt very much they'll suddenly show up in Smyths

The smoking cage in Costelloes would be more Primal Screams kind of vibe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Texas sound checking in Smyths at the minute.

Texas sound checking in Smyths at the minute.

I seriously hope this is true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

445279.ie wrote: »

I really like Texas, be nice to see them live :)

• Advertisement

445279.ie wrote: »

It's true. Was speaking to one of the managers. There's rumblings of a 2nd big act making an apearence in Smyths too it seems.

My friend in the queue outside Smyths and you're right it is Texas :D

She's fecking thrilled. Thanks for the heads up Vertigo100 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Dolans is the place to be in Limerick today. Unless this act also makes an appearance at Smyths.

Could you elaborate??

Volvic12 wrote: »
    Dolans is the place to be in Limerick today. Unless this act also makes an appearance at Smyths.

I heard that the act in dolans is swapping with Texas so both places get both acts. Can to tell who's down in dolans?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

That's excellant news for Limerick if thats the case that Smyths and Dolans will swap over acts.
    I actually can't elaborate as I don't know myself but my source is v.v.good (in the know) and I all I was told was to go to Dolans if in Limerick this evening. He said I wouldn't be disapointed.

I wonder if it's The Coronas playing Dolans after playing in UL today

Texas about to come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Volvic12 wrote: »
    That's excellant news for Limerick if thats the case that Smyths and Dolans will swap over acts.
    I actually can't elaborate as I don't know myself but my source is v.v.good (in the know) and I all I was told was to go to Dolans if in Limerick this evening. He said I wouldn't be disapointed.

What exactly are you into then because I don't know your tastes therefore I haven't a clue as to why you wouldn't be disappointed.

Tell me yes or no, is it Ellie Goulding?

Resi12 wrote: »
    What exactly are you into then because I don't know your tastes therefore I haven't a clue as to why you wouldn't be disappointed.

Tell me yes or no, is it Ellie Goulding?

It's def not Ellie. She's playing in Dublin. Was on tony Fenton a while ago.

• Advertisement

Texas were excellent I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

Band started in Dolans. Waiting for their name :P

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭ULMarc

Foxtrot bount y hunters in Dolans.

Think I have the name right. Can't make out what the front man is sayong

Yep that's what I heard. Not pushed about waiting for them. Just heard from Smyths GM no 2nd band.

It's def not Ellie. She's playing in Dublin. Was on tony Fenton a while ago.

Of course she is... :(:(:(

Well, that's me in for the night so. I won't be bothered missing the rest. I would imagine Fatboy Slim would play Dolans seeing as D.I.E is on.

EDIT: Wait, I'm listening to to the interview. It could be a phone interview, no? It never says she's in the studio. This thing is a shambles, what good is a surprise with no hints? Like, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thomas20

how long is the music on for and is it already full in these places?

Texas finished in Smyths. No other headline act in limerick. Confirmed by the GM of Smyths. Texas were however excellent. FBS is playing the old oak in cork.

Herbaliser in mickeys for one before home. Work at 9 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Texas were fantastic!!

• Advertisement

Ellie was in Cork (SO CLOSE), Example and Mumford... are in Dublin so anyone holding out should stop right now.

Advertisement