Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 pricing?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hogzy wrote: »
    Galaxy S3 - New - Boxed and Unlocked Asking price is 450, you'd probably get another €30-€50 off it.

Same thing for 430 you'd probably get it for 400

Correct me if mistaken but thats a couple of new Galaxy S3's for anywhere between €800 and €820. A hell of a lot cheaper than a 64gb iPhone 5.

When will i be receiving my phone?

EDIT: Both phones above are actually from the same seller so youd probably get a massive discount if buying the 2 phones. Let me know when to PM you my address so you can post one of them to me.

I just sold 2 S3's, brand new in the box and unlocked from Meteor and i got €450 for them all day long. I was up to my eyes in PM's for them at that price and had to give it to the first bidder. €450 is the going rate for the i agree, but when the IP5 is the same age as the S3, they both will be the same price.

New 16gb IP5 is €669, compared to around €600 for the S3, both factory unlocked and buying direct.
    scamalert wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/3940650
    average price going for s3 now is new 400e,but those willing to sell will go down to 350-300.Also wait until next month until Nokia,apple,htc and Samsung release new phones and youll easily buy two of them and get some extras ;)

that ones locked to vodafone so should be cheaper than a factory unlocked iPhone 5. Plus, i or anybody i know would not buy a phone from Donedeal, theres just no guarantee or it being legit, and not worth the risk. If your gona link second hand phones on adverts or donedeal, at least link like for like, and wait for an IP5 to appear after the dust settles to really compare the cost between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

kceire wrote: »
    I just sold 2 S3's, brand new in the box and unlocked from Meteor and i got €450 for them all day long. I was up to my eyes in PM's for them at that price and had to give it to the first bidder. €450 is the going rate for the i agree, but when the IP5 is the same age as the S3, they both will be the same price.

New 16gb IP5 is €669, compared to around €600 for the S3, both factory unlocked and buying direct.

hey hey hey, you're the one who asked to be shown 2x S3's for the price of an iPhone. I merely showed you. Its VERY easy to get an S3 new and unlocked for €400. Consider yourself lucky you got €450 for your phones, you did well to get that much for them.

kceire wrote: »
    If your gona link second hand phones on adverts or donedeal, at least link like for like, and wait for an IP5 to appear after the dust settles to really compare the cost between them.
    Thats fair enough, but i guarantee it will be at least 10 months before you can buy a sealed iPhone 5 on adverts for €400. The 16gb iPhone 4s are being sold on adverts for €400 at the mo. Granted you will be able to get another 20-30 euro off them but they are phones that have been used for nearly a year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hey hey hey, you're the one who asked to be shown 2x S3's for the price of an iPhone. I merely showed you. Its VERY easy to get an S3 new and unlocked for €400. Consider yourself lucky you got €450 for your phones, you did well to get that much for them.

yeah, but your comparing the extreme against the standard ie. the 64gb IP5 V the standard S3.

Compare a new 16gb S3 V a new 16gb IP5.

If thats the case i'd argue, why buy a 5, when you could get 6x3GS's for the same price :D
    Thats fair enough, but i guarantee it will be at least 10 months before you can buy a sealed iPhone 5 on adverts for €400. The 16gb iPhone 4s are being sold on adverts for €400 at the mo. Granted you will be able to get another 20-30 euro off them but they are phones that have been used for nearly a year.

I'd say you will get a few upgraders selling IP5's around christmas for 400-500 on adverts. Bearing in mind by then, the rush will have settled and people will be upgrading for 150e so making a decent profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

only dodgy phones can be those who purchased them of different providers and emigrating or claiming that they were stolen as they could be blocked day or two later,so meet the seller at his home and ask for some id receipt,as you would buy anything else,as for unlocking phones can unlock both if you'll give me one ;):D as vodafone gives away three puk codes once in a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement