Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Minor and the Leaving...

• 25-09-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just wonderin if anybody here is on/going for a minor county team (GAA obviously)? Or if anybody has combined the two, how did you find time to study, keep fit etc? Did you feel it held you back for the LC? Any sort of feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I don't play for my country minor team but I recommend that you only train with your county team not your club until championship comes around which leaves you with a flexible time to study around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 life after school

Plenty of people combine sporting activities and team sports with studying for the Leaving Certificate.
    It is all about managing your time and knowing what is expected of you.

You need to know up front from your coaches what commitment they need from you regarding training and matches.
    You also need to know what your teachers feel is required of you to get the marks/points you wish to achieve.
    Finally you need to consider time to relax away from both these aspects of you life so that you don't over stretch yourself because both your sporting and academic performances may suffer.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Advertisement