Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend good mechanic Waterford

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi all looks like alternator is shot on my car and need to tow it to someone in morning to get it sorted. I don't know any mechanic in Waterford so looking for suggestions as need car back ASAP.
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Alan Robinson in hillview has a tow truck and alternator is a piece of piss to change.

086-319-4401 Alan Robinson.

Tell him Sean from crescent drive gave ya the number if ya ring him. Dead sound fella him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Derek Carey Motors, the glen. Always found them very reasonable with their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Davy Duggan over from storm and tesco pole berry

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

I'd recommend Peter's Garage on Blake's Lane, off Hennessy Road
    http://peters-garage.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Your altenator probably just needs te brush's changed, Its a cheap bit but your altenator will repair will probably cost you 150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 lynchie2012

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Hi all looks like alternator is shot on my car and need to tow it to someone in morning to get it sorted. I don't know any mechanic in Waterford so looking for suggestions as need car back ASAP.
    Gav
    hi if u go down to waterside there is a fella down there recobditions them only 80 euro i think think his name is dick mcnamara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

er1983 wrote: »
    Davy Duggan over from storm and tesco pole berry
    so whats the story with davy is he a shelf stacker or cinema usher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Self service auto on the Northern Ind Est. Had the cer serviced there last week by the mechanics. €100 to give a service that no doubt somewhere else would charge €180+. Everything was done on the car. Filters, lights...etc...can't recommend them enough lads. They did a fantastic job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I had the alternator refurbished on my car today and back in business thankfully. The noise coming from car was alternator all along not water pump it seems. Missed the car even tho was only 2 days without it. Got it done in Car Clinic and they are a sound bunch in there dropped me to work and all after I towed car in there.

Advertisement