Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Field Trip

• 25-09-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm posting on behalf of my brother who is in 6th year.

(Apologies if this has been asked before, had a quick search but couldn't find out!)

He found out today that he is meant to be going on his ecology field trip on Monday, however he won't be able to go. He's now worrying, as he said it's worth 20% of his final result. His biology teacher wasn't in today for him to talk to her, and now he is having a minor heart attack!

When I did my L.C, it wasn't a marked portion of the curriculum. This could have course changed by now. I did a quick google and read that it wasn't currently a marked portion, but I don't know how long ago that was posted!

So, is it?!

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rosiee

Cleeo wrote: »

(Apologies if this has been asked before, had a quick search but couldn't find out!)

He found out today that he is meant to be going on his ecology field trip on Monday, however he won't be able to go. He's now worrying, as he said it's worth 20% of his final result. His biology teacher wasn't in today for him to talk to her, and now he is having a minor heart attack!

When I did my L.C, it wasn't a marked portion of the curriculum. This could have course changed by now. I did a quick google and read that it wasn't currently a marked portion, but I don't know how long ago that was posted!

So, is it?!

Thanks in advance!!

Nope it's definately not any % at all!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Thanks a million! Case closed :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless in some way they are using the trip as a chance for field work for Geography?
    Otherwise I can't see how he would get the wrong end of the stick, unless someone is deliberately spoofing.

This is the 2013 list of Geography investigations:
    1. A study of local traffic patterns.
    2. A local environmental issue.
    3. Changing land-use in a local area – a study of spatial change and change
    through time.
    4. A local demographic study.
    5. Test the hypothesis that erosion is an active process in a fluvial or glacial or
    coastal environment.
    6. Investigate how geology effects the landscape in a local area.

From: http://www.examinations.ie/exam/Geography_Prescribed_List_of_Investigation_Topics_2013.pdf(.pdf file)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Cleeo wrote: »

So, is it?!

Thanks in advance!!

It's probably 20% of a Christmas/Summer exam but definitely not a state exam. It's just an experiment like any other only it's done outside the school. There's nothing to worry about!

Advertisement