Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elti heaters

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

www.electrologic.ie
    Anyone ever heard of these? Is there any chance they save any money? Or are they just a scam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mossy2

Hello There

It appears that these heaters contain an electric heating element that heats up when switched on. Therefore 1 kWhr of electrical energy into the heater equals 1kW of heat out. Exactly the same as every other electric heater that contains a heating element.

Looking at the website. The very first paragraph on the Homepage contains the following:

First sentence:
    "The running costs of ELTI heating systems are only a fraction of that of traditional heating methods."

You might write to them and ask them to expand on this point. Electric heating using heating elements is the most expensive method of heating yet devised as far as I know.

Moving on to the second sentence on the homepage:
    "Reduce your carbon footprint and use ELTI heaters – they are environmentally friendly with no emissions."

Around 30% -35% of the energy of the oil or gas burned in a generating station is converted into electrical energy. The rest goes up the chimney. So much for the carbon footprint.

Final sentence of their opening paragraph:
    "This heating is so versatile it can be used to heat an entire home, office, commercial premises or even a cold conservatory. It is particularly suited to house extensions as there is no upheaval of floors or walls and the heaters can be up and running within minutes of delivery"

A convoluted way of saying - it's an electric heater. You plug it in. The more of them you plug in the bigger a space you can heat.

From the "About Us" page
    "ELTI Heaters are supplied from a family run German manufacturing company that has been established since 1946. All heaters are ordered directly from Germany, where each unit is hand assembled and rigourously (sic) checked at each stage of building. he (sic) manufacturers are proud to say that after delivering heaters for the last 15 years ‘not a single heater’ has been returned faulty or for repair."

Not one fault in one heater in 15 years! Fair enough they are a German family manufacturing heaters in a German factory in Germany and all orders have to be sent to Germany for dispatch from Germany - but still - 15years?

Bottom line. They may (or may not) be a well built heater that has a decent thermostat and lasts for years. However, they are in the same market and bracket as the bog standard Dimplex electric storage heater and may be a valid option if they are in the same price range. How do they compare price wise with Dimplex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭kramer1

I can't remember the price off hand but I think it was something ridiculous like 600 euro a heater.
    A landlord I work for is talking about putting them into some rental properties he owns and I was wondering if there was any advantage to them.

Advertisement