Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

atm machine

• 25-09-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

I hate when you go to an atm manchine and you can't take anything less than 20 euro out. Most of the time I only need ten euro for the milk etc from the shop.

Like tonight I go to the atm and I couldn't any less than 50euro out just to buy 2litres of milk.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Get a visa debit card.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Buy a cow and only take out as many litres as you want (within reason)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

manchine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

thinly veiled i have 50€ thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

An automated teller machine manchine?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

ATMs in Trinity give tenners!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

what about a person who sits behind a counter and will give you the exact amount of money out of your account that you ask for and maybe even smile at you while they do it.......I reckon it could catch on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

cena wrote: »
    I hate when you go to an atm manchine and you can't take anything less than 20 euro out. Most of the time I only need ten euro for the milk etc from the shop.

Like tonight I go to the atm and I couldn't any less than 50euro out just to buy 2litres of milk.

AIB machines let you take out tenners, I am with AIB. When I use it in Ulster Bank machines or BOI you can only take out mutiples of 20 and 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

get a used cup from the trash
    sit outside begging
    enough for milk
    thank me later

(this machine is empty cos it was filled with tenners for povos ¬¬)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Get a lasercard you silly person !!!

Are they from AIB bank? What I hate about those ATM machines is that I find the LCD displays hard on the eyes, they should only be used for watchin DVD discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The ATMs inside TSB give tenners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

I like the cash in my hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

But if you use your laser card they say minimum €10 purchase and you buy crap you dont need to make up the difference. Assuming your not in a supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Ya need a tenner for milk and can only get a 50. Tough times op, tough times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I love em, till they dump you with "You have insufficent funds for this transaction". And the feckin text stays up on the screen!!! For years!!! With the whole neighbourhod watching in the queue behind...Manners??? What's wrong with picking somthing benign, like "Sorry, you're too good looking for this ATM"???? Works well for nightclubs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I hate the smaller free standing ATMs which returns your card telling you that you can only requests amounts in muliples of X euro.

Why dont you just let me select a new amount rather than making me go through all those options again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Scortho wrote: »
    ATMs in Trinity give tenners!:D

Only because they never run out. Trinners heads only take out 50's for nights out and order everything they need like their iPhone, iPad, Macbook air and Mac Pro using their Dawd's credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

How do you people get out of bed in the mornings?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I always get a mini heart attack when I ask for a tenner and it says this amount is not available :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Gbear wrote: »
    An automated teller machine manchine?

Like it bloody matters, most people understand what the OP meant, even the few smart àrse pedants!

Can pedants be added to the next "don't be a dick" list along with people who constantly feel the need to correct other posters spelling and grammar?

Whenever you go to one on a Saturday evening, more often than not, they are empty, and hence out of order. They shouldn't go out of order just because they are out of cash.

The machines can be used to do so much more than just withdraw money including but not limited to:
    • Lodging cash on some highfautin ATMs abroad
    • Checking Balance
    • Ordering Mini Statement
    • Ordering a Full statement
    • Topping up the aul fón póca

Are they from AIB bank? What I hate about those ATM machines is that I find the LCD displays hard on the eyes, they should only be used for watchin DVD discs.

I like what you did there but its Banks not Bank in AIB 3/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Throw all your loose change in a vodka bottle (empty). You can use this to buy milk and sweeties.:)

Whenever you go to one on a Saturday evening, more often than not, they are empty, and hence out of order. They shouldn't go out of order just because they are out of cash.

The machines can be used to do so much more than just withdraw money including but not limited to:
    • Lodging cash on some highfautin ATMs abroad
    • Checking Balance
    • Ordering Mini Statement
    • Ordering a Full statement
    • Topping up the aul fón póca

And how many of the transactions would be one of the above???

efb wrote: »
    I like what you did there but its Banks not Bank in AIB 3/4

*sniff*

well I tried I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Like it bloody matters, most people understand what the OP meant, even the few smart àrse pedants!

Can pedants be added to the next "don't be a dick" list along with people who constantly feel the need to correct other posters spelling and grammar

Ordinarily I wouldn't but a redundant acronym is far more serious. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3rdDegree wrote: »
    How do you people get out of bed in the mornings?

Not for less then €50 anyway.

• Advertisement

*sniff*

well I tried I guess.

75% is a B!

keep it up!

efb wrote: »
    And how many of the transactions would be one of the above???

I'd often want to check my balance before ordering food in the Chinese and realising my payment has been declined due to lack of funds :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You got €50, but only wanted €10.

I will be willing to do a swap with you OP ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Daith

BBDBB wrote: »
    what about a person who sits behind a counter and will give you the exact amount of money out of your account that you ask for and maybe even smile at you while they do it.......I reckon it could catch on

That's true. Unless you want to get money in the morning time/lunch time/after work and on a weekend.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You got €50, but only wanted €10.

I will be willing to do a swap with you OP ...

No you are ok. i'll keep my money for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Daith wrote: »
    That's true. Unless you want to get money in the morning time/lunch time/after work and on a weekend.

of course and that person would need a break around lunchtime so teh counter would shut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

No you are ok. i'll keep my money for myself
    Stingey:D

Pottler wrote: »
    Stingey:D

Tell me about it. I'm so tight with the money.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

firstworldproblems :rolleyes:

firstworldproblems :rolleyes:

Not really a firstworldproblems more complaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ahh flippit. The OP has edited the spelling mistake. I was ages thinking of something till Nenah Cherry's song popped into my head.

Manchine, look at the state we're i-in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement