Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I picked up a delisle carbine

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Can't wait to shoot it!!!!!

8017486290_c48f4107bf_b.jpg
    Untitled by harmoniums, on Flickr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

fantastic harmoniums ! is it an original one or a reproduction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

A repro, there were only 167 original ones, I dont think I've ever seen on up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

sweet:), is the can real? I would love one of those. It would be restricted here though we can't be shooting those dangerous 45acp's, 300 win mag is grand though. real thought went into that bit of legislation.

Did you have to pay the big tax bill to get the silencer harmoniums or is it just a fake ?

the can is fake for the meanwhile, I'll be jumping through some hoops and paying the NFA tax stamp to get it real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Good man, you will have to post a vid for us plebs:cool::cool: I'd say she will be really quiet.
    The one gun i would buy if i lived over there is a nice gatling in 45-70, I think colt did a run of them a few years back mad money. I would love one. I'd love to have a crack at building the .22 version too. such a shame i was born in this godforsaken place.:(

juice1304 wrote: »
    Good man, you will have to post a vid for us plebs:cool::cool: I'd say she will be really quiet.
    The one gun i would buy if i lived over there is a nice gatling in 45-70, I think colt did a run of them a few years back mad money. I would love one. I'd love to have a crack at building the .22 version too. such a shame i was born in this godforsaken place.:(

There were two reproductions sold at the auction I picked the carbine up in.
    On was in 45-70, I think it went for around 50K.
    There was another percussion one also that you had to load "cartridges" basically turned steel thick walled cylinders that had to be loaded with black powder, a slug and a percussion cap. I didnt see what that went for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

harmoniums wrote: »
    the can is fake for the meanwhile, I'll be jumping through some hoops and paying the NFA tax stamp to get it real

Can you get a can liscensed in Cali these days??:confused: When I was there it was a non NFA state unless you were a dealer or manufacturer??
    But fair dues to another nice find..:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

you'll have to get a silenced sten mk2 now to match it ;).

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Can you get a can liscensed in Cali these days??:confused: When I was there it was a non NFA state unless you were a dealer or manufacturer??
    But fair dues to another nice find..:D

There are some legal mechanisms, namely a NFA trust.
    I'll be going the Prop Master route though, I already rent stuff out via a licensed intermediary, I was thinking about cutting him out and getting the licenses myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Is that your collection ?? - or are those price tags ? drool......drool.
    'I wished I lived in a land of cotton ' etc...................

recipio wrote: »
    Is that your collection ?? - or are those price tags ? drool......drool.
    'I wished I lived in a land of cotton ' etc...................

That pick was taken at the auction house, the numbers are lot numbers.

My collection is fairly big, small by some folks estimation, outlandish by others.
    I'm actually in the process of pairing down the "junk" and buying rarer stuff with the proceeds
    For this boyo I need to raise 1200 bucks, so I sold two Romanian TT33s and a pair of No1Mk3 Enfields, all nice functional pieces, but pieces that were made in the millions.

Advertisement