Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

draughty windows

• 25-09-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi, I have been in my rented apartment for 2 years now, there are pvc windows but they are really bad draughts coming through. there were gaps in joins after closing them and i attached a sticky foam to fill these gaps..i didn't contact landlord as i didn't want to bother them as they live far away but i don't want to put up with another cold winter..What could be the problem? one of the window handles doesn't lock down fully either when closed.. What kind of company would I contact about this?Is it a glazier? The landlord normally gets us to organise these things and takes it off rent..I am in Dublin city centre so if anybody has any suggestions of companies ho might do this kind of job i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi i am a glazier and i do loads of this work it sounds like your hinges are gone and not letting the windows seal properly.drop me a pm and i can send you my number and we can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

You could also try DIY fitting window locking wedges, you can buy them on eBay, they drag in the window to the frame as you close.

Advertisement