Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it normal for a shampoo to make your hair greasy?

• 25-09-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

My hairdresser gave me a sample of loreal inoa colour care shampoo, which she recommended to me as my hair colour suffers terrible fading.
    When I was putting it on I thought it was a really nice shampoo, it smelled amazing and the texture was really silky.
    When I was drying my hair it felt really greasy immediately and now it's fully dry and I straightened it, it feels disgusting as if it is just covered in grease, although it doesn't actually look that bad. It feels so horrible I just want to wash it again.
    I'm really disappointed because I wanted to use the inoa shampoo and have just ordered the full sized version:( I want my colour to stay vibrant but not at the price that it turns greasy when washed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

It can happen, yeah. I have that problem with Fructus shampoo, my hair feels so heavy and greasy after it. Only other option could be that you didn't wash it out fully, that'd leave your hair feeling greasy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Well I was thinking about it and although my hair is very long, the sample that I got just contained too much shampoo. If I only used half of it, I don't think it would feel so greasy. So I think I'm going to stick it out when I get the full sized bottle. Might as well try it and see how it affects the colour.

I've got a sample of the masque too so I'm going to try it out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

yes happens to me every so often. I actually put a semi permanent in my hair every two months to dry it out a bit - works a treat. Failing that either use a different shampoo for a few washes (I find using the same shampoo all the time causes build up) or what I would do is add a teaspoon of baking soda to your shampoo as it will take out all the build up for you.

Dont use a shmpoo for greasy hair btw, it will just make your scalp dry and then more greasy to compensate imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Yeah, some shampoos cause buildup. You need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of it. I recommend Sunday shampoo by Bumble & Bumble.

Advertisement