Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building in the harbour park, Rush?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats being built in the park down the harbour in Rush?
    Seems like its being built using rsj's so would imagine it's a permanent structure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Anyone know whats being built in the park down the harbour in Rush?
    Seems like its being built using rsj's so would imagine it's a permanent structure.

Its a temporary structure. They are making a film. Letters were dropped in people doors a few weeks ago outlining the plans. Will post details tomorrow if I can put my hands on it. The film company are making a donation to F.C.C

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I hope F.C.C in turn pass that donation back to the Rush community.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kickstart

LeoB wrote: »
    Its a temporary structure. They are making a film. Letters were dropped in people doors a few weeks ago outlining the plans. Will post details tomorrow if I can put my hands on it. The film company are making a donation to F.C.C

It's a film called 'Calvary' from the directors of The Guard & they're building a church in the park. FCC have offered the funds to Rush Tidy Towns which will go towards landscaping in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kickstart wrote: »
    It's a film called 'Calvary' from the directors of The Guard & they're building a church in the park. FCC have offered the funds to Rush Tidy Towns which will go towards landscaping in the park.
    They're shooting a few scenes in The Carlyan also but I think Alan will end up on the cutting room floor! :)

Couple of pics.

ChurchRush101012.jpg

ChurchRush2101012.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dobie

Catering bus and RV's are parked up near skerries corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Apparently one scene they will film, involves Brendan Gleeson, being inside the Church as it's burn't to the ground.

Should make for a good night in Rush, hope they get it in one take,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Just got a text from my cousin looking for a bed for the night, he's going to be an extra in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

The filming of the scene is going to be on Thursday night at 11. The area is apparently going to be closed off to all but residents of the harbour area.

• Advertisement

The finished church today

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]8098160420_1744539d97.jpg[/EMAIL]">

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]8098174866_ff1fbf6cea.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Chris O'Dowd chatting to a crew member

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]8098158859_c655207cb4.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Rush is gas. I was told today "They're going to blow the church up tomorrow at 11 in the morning,"

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Did they do the scene this morning?
    Windows of the church looked boarded up when I went by around an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@LeoB - I just saw your Chris O'Dowd pic on the 'Skerries' FB page. Do they have permission to use it? There was no credit for you from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

@LeoB - I just saw your Chris O'Dowd pic on the 'Skerries' FB page. Do they have permission to use it? There was no credit for you from what I could see.

It says it shared the photo from Leo's Facebook and photos from others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ta. I am on mobile & didn't see that.

Rats ou'

The aftermath:

Church191012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

• Advertisement
Advertisement