Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI free flights for students

Options
  • 25-09-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Im a Junior Freshman in TCD and hold a 3rd level account with Bank of Ireland. I am using my account quite a bit so was looking for some regarding free return flights to Europe.

Didn't seem to be able to find any info online. How can I apply for the flights? Is there an application form or is it done online?

Thanks!

Regards,
    K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Dicksboro man,

Thanks for your query. You won't need to apply for the Free Flight Offer. As long as you meet the qualifying criteria the voucher will automatically be issued out. You can find more information about the Free Flight Offer here.

If you have any more questions just let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hi Dicksboro man,

Thanks for your query. You won't need to apply for the Free Flight Offer. As long as you meet the qualifying criteria the voucher will automatically be issued out. You can find more information about the Free Flight Offer here.

If you have any more questions just let us know.

Thanks
    Pat
    Thanks for your reply Pat.

One last thing, when it says "use your account 10 times", does it include any transactions such as paying from the account with a Visa Debit card or is it only strictly cash transactions?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dicksboro man,

Thanks for your query.

Using your account includes any transaction such as ATM withdrawals, making a payment with Visa Debit, Direct Debits or Standing Orders, etc.

If you have any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thebanter

Hi Billy,
    I'm just wondering, do you have to be 18 from the get go or 18 before you get your flights? I'll be 18 in early January.. Am I still eligible for this offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Thebanter.

Thanks for your query.

All students must be 18 at the time of travel.
    For the terms and conditions of our Free Flight Offer, please see here.

Any further queries, please ask.
    Laura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 linda93

Hi i was just wondering, last year it says the 10 transactions must include 1 online transaction but it doesnt say that in this years terms and conditions. Im assuming that only applied last year?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi linda93,

Thanks for posting.

They can be any type of transaction and do not need to include an online transaction. Please note, the transactions need to be between 1st July and 31st October 2012.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

hey I haven't heard anything about the flights and I definitely used my account more than 10 times in that period, is it just me or has anybody else got info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi sprucemoose.

Flight vouchers were issued to all eligible customers in December.
    As you have not yet received anything from us, please contact your account holding branch and a representative will be happy to check the status of this for you.

Thanks for your query.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiallBBNL

Hi
    I received my application form on the 11th of Dec and sent it away on the 12th. It said that I would get a phone call within 28 days. I know the 28 days are not up but can I be confident that I will get my flights?
    Thanks, Niall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Niall,

As you haven’t been contacted yet, we would advise calling your branch who will look into it for you.

You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement