Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls from 08183651350

Options
  • 25-09-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am getting calls all night from this number and it is driving me mad. After a bit of google I gather it is the result of someone trying to send a text to my landline. The kids are getting a bit spooked but I have explained. Anyway I have tried to bar the number using my hand set so I will let you know if that works. Reason I am posting this is because if the call bar works then it might help someone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

That number has been rInging my UPC phone this afternoon.

If I answer I hear nothing.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

That number seems to be Eircoms text messaging service - SMS. Lots of people complaining about it if Google is to be believed.

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    That number seems to be Eircoms text messaging service - SMS. Lots of people complaining about it if Google is to be believed.

Ken

Spot on, it's the Eircom SMSC. Somebody obviously tried to send SMS to the landline number. I barred it on the PBX in my old job.

Advertisement