Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bright star

Options
  • 25-09-2012 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Just curious. there is a bright star north but low on the horizon. I changes colour even and looks almost like its changing size at times its sparkling so much. i looked on my phone at Google sky map but it isn't very accurate as regards to other constellations. Would anyone be able to tell me what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Capella? Or Jupiter is rising around this time but that is more easterly.

It probably is Capella. Interesting fact, Capella is actually two pairs of binary stars i.e. it is a 4 star system.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Capella? Or Jupiter is rising around this time but that is more easterly.

It probably is Capella. Interesting fact, Capella is actually two pairs of binary stars i.e. it is a 4 star system.
    Thank you for that. It actually makes sense judging from what i could see. If it has star like environment the flashes are sporadic but if there are more than one in a group it could give the optical illusion that its moving.

Advertisement