Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal

Options
  • 25-09-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend where to pick up some decent coal? All the garages around town seem to be selling the same stuff, takes an age to get going and puts out very little heat. Any logs I've bought seem to be damp as well. Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Hi Heathersonline what town are you in.?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Navarre wrote: »
    Hi Heathersonline what town are you in.?

Wexford town

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I've tried all the coals and the crappiest one are the smokeless ones and the cheaper Staffords one (red bag - think it's called household coal).

The best one to get is Staffords premium (in a silver bag), it's a "smoky" coal, Illegal to sell in Wexford Town as far as I know, but not sure there is an issue with burning it - could also be illegal. Last time I bought it it was about €17.00 for 40kg bag

Denis Cloney out in Curracloe always has a good range of coal. Delivers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Thanks folks am looking at getting a big order in to keep us going, will check out the place in Curracloe over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I usually get mine from Kileen's garage and I agree with the above poster, the silver Staffords bag is the best. The rest of it you might aswell just forget about as it takes a full bag before you can actually get some heat from it.

Think they used do a loyalty card scheme also. Buy six bags get one free kind of thing.

Advertisement