Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy's last owner "lost vacination cert"

• 26-09-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

We got a puppy today and I wanted to start it at a training class sat 6th of October. I asked the guy for the vaccine cert and he said he does not know where it is. The puppy is 4months old. At his old owners house he was out all day in at night. Mixed with other dogs. If he can't get me a cery can I revacinate the dog?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ask him what vet he used, the vet should carry a record.

If he can't supply you with the vet's name then he's bullshittin ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

The training classes should ask for a vaccination cert before allowing you in so you will need the cert. The vets should have a record of whether the pup was vaccinated and may reissue the cert but will probably need the old owner to confirm it's ok to hand over that information (patient confidentiality reasons). Ask him for the name of the vet and follow that route first. If that fails it won't do the pup any harm to vaccinate him again, it's better to be safe than sorry with pups as parvo is such a nasty thing to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Thanks guys, I'm trien to get the vets name il keep him at home until I get them if I have no details by Saturday I'm just going to re vaccinate him. Better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I had this issue too unfortuantely. Just start the vaccinations again and the puppy will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Just booked him in to get new vaccinations tomorrow night as some of his vaccinations were done at home by first owner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement