Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build question

Options
  • 26-09-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi People!

I'm in the process of my first PC build and looking for power supply info and maybe a recommendation for a nice monitor 27-32 inch. I'm wondering would 700w be ok for power supply. Any advice would be well appreciated.

My specs: (Parts ordered/received so-far)

Case : Cooler-master Stryker
    Motherboard : Intel DS79XI
    Graphics : Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 FLEX
    HD : 240GB SSD 520 series
    Processor : Intel i7-3960x
    RAM : DDR3 16GB
    Cooling : Intel LGA 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 blifter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The 2011 platform can get very power hungry when overclocked. 550W-600W should be enough. Something like this would go well:
    http://www2.hardwareversand.de/500+-+600+Watts/33060/Super-Flower+SF600P14XE+Golden+Green+80plus+gold+Modular.article

Monitor - what about the Dell U2711 or the U2712HM?
    Otherwise there's the catleap monitors (there's a big thread about them) which have similar quality panels although the stands wouldn't be up to the same standard. Much cheaper though.

Thankyou very much for the reply! Someone was telling me I'd need a lot more wattage but I wasn't so sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Quality matters over everything else. Many people will over advise on account of there being so many crappy PSUs around that can't perform as stated.

You don't need to spend that much on a PSU, but you've already listed a fairly high end and expensive system, so I've suggested a PSU to match. If you want cheaper recommendations, let me know.

Monotype, you have been well helpful, when I get all my parts and get it together I'll let you know how it is.. thankyou

• Advertisement

Have ordered this PSU.

Advertisement